Chapter 1

”Hey, Spain you bast,” Romano shut his mouth and though for a second. The harvest season was over and there was nothing left to do, so he just stood in the door opening; holding the empty basket close to his chest. ”Dammit.. I should really watch my mouth.” He said to himself. ”He had really never deserved those words..” He blushed instant as the thought hit him. The little Italian finally shook his head and walked straight in to the kitchen.

It was (of course) late summer, and the weather was sun, sun and sun the whole month. It was the warmest summer in a long time and people began to walk half-naked in the streets or so whenever they where pleased to. It was always really awkward to look out of the windows.

The calming sound of Saving Abel in the radio was filling the rooms with sweet guitar sounds. It was hard for him to hear what the vocalist was singing, but that didn’t matter this time.

He noticed Spain leaning his back against the counter with a weird-looking book in his right hand. He sighted in relief that he didn’t hear his call for him. ”Hey Antonio? What are you reading?”  The emerald-eyed boy snapped out of the book and looked at Romano in surprise that he used his human name. He closed it without putting a mark in between the pages and blushed. ”Oh hi. Well something boring.. You know,” Romano reached out his hand after the book with a big grin on his face. Of course he didn’t believe that.

”Oh c’mon! Non è giusto! Not fair!” The Spanish boy held the book so high that Romano had to jump to reach it.

The first thing was, that the book wasn’t really a book, but a photo album. The second thing was, if Romano found out that he was looking at the pictures from their childhood he would be in a pretty bad situation.

After teasing him for a while, he finally put the book on the bench behind his back. Romano was pumped to play even if he was 18 human years.

The radio suddenly went louder and clearer like it knew what was going to happen. As the Spaniard reached his hands after him, he sliced the bottom of the white t-shirt between the index finger and the thumb at the first attempt. ”Aw dammit! Get back here!” He missed, but laughed his lungs of for sure. Romano did as well. ”H-hey! That’s a swear!”

After a while of running after each other, Spain stopped and sat down on the floor in the living room and tried to catch his breath. Of course he had to act tired, or then he would never catch him. ”Bueno, bueno. Let’s rest a bit shall we?” He locked his gaze on Romano that was still panting after he had hold his breath for some reason. ”I think that’s a good idea,”

He sat carefully down in the corner on the couch unknowing about Spain's ”evil” plan. Speaking of Spain… He got himself up and sat down on the sofa’s arm next to the Italian. There was no awkward silence after all, they had run long enough.

 ”Hey Lovi?” Romano looked up at the brunette in surprise. ”W-what?” At that moment he was blank. The radio tried to get through but everything went all out of control. Romano looked carefully at the brunette’s half-woken face and smiled. He was so deep in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice when Romano poked him carefully on his cheek.

”L-Lovi…” He said again. His voice was shaking. ”Te amo.”

Romano knew that Spain could do things he hadn´t control over when he was tired, but this was different.

 He sighed and tapped him on the shoulder. ”So tell me Antonio... Are you drunk or are you tired..?” The Spaniard shrugged. ”None of them I guess.” He opened his mouth in shock, but quickly closed it before any stupid things happened… ”D-drugs..?” He swallowed the rock that blockaded his throat as the brunette nodded carefully. He grabbed Spain’s hand and was almost squeezing it.

He took a deep breath before answering, just to get control over himself. ”What kind of drugs? Where did you get it? H-how long?” He shrugged again. ”Do you really wanna know? I believe it has been at last 2 years though.” He smiled from ear to ear.

´How can he even smile right now? It´s a serious situation.. Is he playing with me or what? ´ Romano thought for a minute, and then closed his eyes and nodded. ”Tell me everything, Antonio.”

The Spaniard placed his hands on the Italian’s shoulders, and pulled him down on the couch. ”Well you see,” He began and held the Italians cheeks with the bottom of his hands. Romano opened his eyes and wasn´t expecting the Spaniard red like a tomato over him.

”The drug in me is you.” 

Romano wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close, making sure there was no space left between them. That was a big relief! It was almost impossible to imagine him in a situation like that. ”Oh Spain you fucking jerk! You scared the crap out of me you little.. Oh, well I am sorry if your shirt is getting wet…” Antonio pulled off carefully and looked at his chest.  ´Wait... is he really crying? But why? Maybe it was a little bit too rough? ´ He looked back at him. The Italian rubbed his palms against his eyes while he screamed inside his head.

”Oh geez, me and my emotions,” He smiled and looked up at him between his fingers as a tear fell down. Everything just made so much sense now.   

”Lovino..? Please don´t… I´m going to cry too,” He laughed a weak and nervous laughter as he hid his eyes with his hand. ”God damn,” How many years and how many times did he wish for this moment?