Chapter 17

Alyssa's POV

Drew.

"Oh shit!" I yelled, jumping off of Chace, leaving him completely startled.

"What happened? Are you alright? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take it that far, I just-"

"Chace, it's Drew. I sort of left him hanging back home. I didn't expect this to happen when I came here. I better get back to him" For some odd reason, after the words were released from my mouth, Chace stiffened, his face turning red with rage.

"I can't believe it! You used me! You were going to go back to him all along weren't you!" He shouted, his voice radiating around the entire room. I scrunched my nose in confusion.

"What are you talking about Chace? I'm just going to-"

"I don't want to hear it Alyssa. God, I believed you for Christ sake! I've had enough!" He yelled once again before leaving the room, leaving absolutely petrified.

For some reason, I found myself laughing at his reaction. I wasn't going back to Drew, I was just going to break up with him. I shook my head and ignored Chace's response, running back home where I had left Drew.

As soon as I walked back through the doors, I was embraced into a tight hug that I instantly knew was Drew's.

"Where have you-" he paused halfway, taking a better sniff at the air. "Oh."

I faced down, avoiding his gaze.

"Drew, I'm so sorry, I honestly didn't think that it would end up like this-"

"I get it Al. I probably would have done the same if I were you."

"I really am sorry Drew. You have been nothing but nice to me, since the day I met you. Thank you Drew, you made me smile again" This brought a smile on his own face as he embraced me in last hug before parting from me.

"I guess I'll get going, can't ignore my beta duties forever. Carter is expecting me anyways." I nodded thinking back of my old family who helped me up in my bad times.

"Hey Drew, tell them I miss them, and that I will visit. Especially Evelyn." He nodded one more time, before he disappeared into the room. I smiled to myself, walking out of my house back to the pack house. All the way there, I couldn't take the kiss I had shared with Chace out of my head. It had never felt better, and I was hoping to repeat the actions soon again.

I opened the door of the pack house, walking into the living room, where I found Diana sitting on the couch, reading a book. At the sound of my footsteps, her head lifted from her book and focused on me.

"Hey" I commented, joining her on the couch.

"Is it true? Did you really use him and go back to Drew?" She asked me in utter disbelief. I chuckled slightly looking back at her.

"Do you really think I would do that Di?" She thought for a moment but eventually shook her head no.

"But then why did he-"

"Because he's an idiot that's why-" At that very moment, a growl erupted through the room, and I didn't have to turn around to know it was Chace. I turned around slowly, watching him enter the room slowly.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? AFTER YOU-"

"After I what? Went to break up with Drew? To tell him that I have chosen my mate over him? Yeah, that's exactly what I went to do, and if for one second you would stop acting liking a whiny girl and hear me out, you would've known that!" I snapped, watching his eyes relax visibly. Diana took this as her queue and silently slipped out of the room, leaving us alone.

"Oh." Is all he said as his gaze connected with the floor.

"This is the second time you've done this Chace. I meant it when I told you that I want to give you a chance. Then why would I want to go back to Drew? Especially after what happened a while back, why would I do such a stupid thing?" I commented, blushing slightly at the mention of the kiss.

A moment of silence radiated through the room and I plopped back down on the couch, tearing my gaze away from him.

Not a minute later, I felt the couch dip and his presence right next to mine.

"Look, I'm so sorry Al, I know I keep doing this but every time you mention his name, I just lose it. I can't stand the thought of you and him anymore, it's driving me nuts."

"You don't have to anymore Chace, I broke up with him to give you a chance, but please, you're going to have to trust me from now on. Drew was a big part of my life and he will always be my friend Chace, you're going to have to accept that, and trust me that I am never going back to him but I also can't ignore him for the rest of my life." Chace looked deep into my eyes as I said this and after a long sigh and a deep breath, he nodded his head.

"I promise you Al, I will never let you down again" he promised as a whisper, his face inching towards mine. I didn't waste time in responding.

"You better" and with that I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down, connecting my lips to his in an instant. I could feel his smile as he kissed me passionately, because this was it now.

No matter how hard I would have tried to stay away from Chace, it would never happen, because he would always be my mate, the one who was meant for me.

And now I was all his.

A/N

So Drew is officially out of the picture, I kind of feel bad for him, does anyone else? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think! Also do check out the profile to the third installment of the Hard Mate Series!! Thanks!!

Picture of Drew to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha