»0.1

Sydney, Australia
August 11th, 2016

He sat in his normal corner of the coffee shop, head bopping from side to side in the beat of the music. He wrote something down on a small notebook, and every minute he lifted his head to see if someone was watching. Every now and then he took a sip of his cappuccino and continued writing.

His handwriting was a bit messy, but he didn't care. If he could read it himself it was okay. Again, he took a sip of his cappuccino. But this time he held a small break from writing and instead, he read what he had written. Mostly it was song lyrics and messy notes and chords all over the pages.

He saw his friend come in, and walking over to his table.

"Hey, everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine," He answered, hanging his head low and staring at his notebook.

"Really? You don't look like it. To be honest, you look like shit," he said and scooted closer to him.

"Calum, seriosly. I am alright," he said and continued his writing. Calum tried to peek at what he was writing, but he pulled the notebook away. He slowly closed it and put it in his backpack.

"Do you want to go home now?" Calum asked.

"I can walk on my own, thanks," he said.

"I know, but I have to be there to make sure you don't fall or something," Calum said and smirked.

"God, you're annoying," he said and closed his backpack. He stood up, one headphone in his ear and the other one hanging from his shirt.

"Bye Janice, I'll be back tomorrow," he said and waved at the almost 60-year-old woman behind the counter.

"Bye Mikey!" She answered, smiling widely.

Calum opened the door for Michael, and they both walked out to the chilly evening of Sydney.

"Are you seriosly spending the whole day tomorrow there?" Calum asked, running his hand through his dark hair.

"Yes," Michael simply answered.

"Why?"

"Because then annoying people like you won't bother me."

Calum just laughed. "Thanks, mate."

Michael smiled too. The sun was already starting to set.

"When are you leaving to England?" Michael asked, and Calum sighed.

"Ten days."

Michael's face instantly dropped. "So soon?"

"Yeah."

"B-but...Then I'll have no one."

"I'm sorry Michael, but you've known about this trip for about seven months now. This ain't anything new to you."

Michael looked down at this shoes, a bit sad. It was true though, Calum told him he was leaving 7 months ago. He had plenty of time to get friends, but he couldn't do it. He was too afraid.