»0.4

Sydney, Australia
August 21st, 2017

Michael started the car and Calum dragged his stuff out the door. He opened the trunk and threw in his two suitcases and his backpack. He closed the trunk and walked over to his seat.

"What kind of food do you want?" Michael asked.

"I'm fine with anything," Calum answered.

"How about pizza?"

"Yep."

Michael drove away from their apartment, towards the nearest pizza place.

"Are you excited?" Michael asked.

"Kinda, but not really. I'm just sad I have to leave."

"You'll visit me, right?"

"Of course. I'll come home for christmas."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now let's get food, I'm starving."

Michael parked the car to a parking lot nearest to the pizzeria.

••

Calum dragged Michael along the hallways of the airport. The first call for his flight was about 10 minutes ago. Michael kept his eyes on Calum, never loosing him from his sight. Calum got to the gate his plane left from, and leaned on the big window. The staff in the airport were super nice, and let Michael through the security to walk Calum to his plane.

"Do you have the ticket?" Michael asked.

"Yeah it's in my backpack. Can you get it for me?"

Michael nodded and opened Calum backpack to get it. He zipped it back up and passed Calum his ticket.

"Do you have everything now?"

"I hope so. If I don't, I'll buy it from England."

"Second call for flight 164 to London."

"Here we go," Calum said, grabbing his backpack's straps. Michael pulled Calum to a hug before the boy could flee.

"Promise me you'll call me the second you land. I need to know you're safe," Michael said, tears forming in his eyes.

"Of course I'll call you. But you have to promise me one thing too," Calum said, holding Michael from his shoulders. "Promise me you'll get a job. You can't get money if you don't get one."

Michael backed away from Calum. "Y-you know I can't work."

"I heard the bar not far from the coffee shop is hiring performers. 100 bucks per performance," Calum said. "You can play the guitar, and you're a good singer."

At this point Michael started shaking. "I-I can't do it C-Calum."

"Please promise me you'll even try to find a job. You won't survive without money."

Michael took a deep breath. "Okay. I promise."

"And please try to get friends. I don't want you to be alone."