Chapter 1

Hey guys I'm really sorry for the long wait to get this story staryed. I was scrambling around trying to get prepared for all of my finals. But lucky for you guys I'm officially out of school as of either last week or the week before I'm not too sure but yeah I'm officially on summer vacation. So I will try and update more often. Now most of you are going to recognize the first chapter because I've decided to start this story from the one shot and have flashbacks to what happened between are two favorite ladies. But I may or may not do the next chapter in Regina's POV but let me know if you do in the comments down below. So yeah that's my very long a/n. So with out further adieu Fire & Gold chapter 1
-Love you all
Swan

Chapter 1

Emma's P.O.V

I started to head home collecting the leftover paperwork and files from a very long day that needed to end quickly because all I want to do right now is just get home curl up in a ball in bed and cry. Thankfully Henry is spending the weekend with his grandparents camping up at Rumple's cabin. Not to mention that Regina isn't even talking, hell even looking at me since I told her what I felt for her. And what I felt for that petite brunette was love,pure unadulterated love, love as pure and true as her love for Henry. Just as I was locking up the station I heard my phone ding. I pull my phone out from my back pocket and I froze in place, both fear and joy raced throughout my veins. Seeing that it's a text. A text from Regina. Before my nerves started to get the better of me I tapped on the notification bringing her text up onto my screen. To be honest I don't even want to read the message. I don't even want to face Regina again out of sheer embarrassment and fear of rejection. Once the message appeared fear once again overtook my body.

Regina: We need to talk. Now!

Emma: No!

After responding to Regina's message not having the courage to face her....... well not yet at least. So I just finished locking up the door got into the bug and started the drive to my semi-new home. I scoffed at that word home it doesn't feel like home. Not without Kil- DAMN IT SWAN GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF. I pull over a few blocks away from my house, "Get a hold of yourself Emma. Breathe Swan just breathe you can do this. You can get through this". That's the mantra i have to keep telling myself every day morning and night. It's not the same without him he was my best friend. But he wanted me to move on and let him die as the man he wanted to be. The more she dwelled on it the more tears streamed down her face. After a few slowed controlled deep breaths Emma put the car back into drive and drove 'home'.

As soon as she turned the corner of her street she saw non-other than Regina Mills in the flesh sitting on the hood of her black Mercedes-Benz. I internally cursed myself for responding no to Regina. She should have know Regina was going to show up, the stubborn woman was always so persistent but then again Emma always loved that about her. Just the fact that Regina was so strong and independent, and even then having to holding her own when dealing with the bullshit this town had put her through. She powered through all that and on top of that having to deal with Emma turning into the Dark Swan trying to help save her and then being Emma's rock when she was mourning the death of Killian. Even then she was still so beautiful, strong, caring, and not even hesitating once to pick Emma back up when she was down, even helping her with Henry and Killian's......... belongings. Regina helped her through it all, and now Emma is looking at her from the corner of her eye not daring to make eye contact, she sees Regina's head snap up from her phone at hearing Emma's bug approaching her driveway but just gave Emma a blank expression. Which made Emma more nervous then when she saw her text and seeing her just sitting there in front of her 'home' waiting. As soon as Emma had pulled up into her driveway parking the car and taking the keys out of the ignition her heart began pounding so hard and fast against her chest to the point where Emma was so sure she was going to either vomit or pass out, as she saw Regina making her way over to her. Meanwhile Emma was just gathering up her bag and the rest of her things trying hard not to notice those gorgeous long olive toned legs of her beloved walk her way over to where she was. The second Emma had all of her things and was out of the car and making her way over to her porch and then to her front door just about to enter when she hears that low sultry voice say, "So you're just going to ignore me now". Emma just froze in front of her open door putting her keys in her pocket and placing her bag and other belongings she had brought to work and now home with her down on the porch. Turning around slowly to face Regina, Emma's eyes wide and her arms wrapped around herself as if trying to keep her invisible wounds shielded from Regina's unrecognizably harsh tone and then heard more words leave those luscious plump blood red lips saying, "Well....." while crossing her arms across her chest leaning off to one hip. Emma had yet to answer, still in shock from Regina's harsh tone. Emma finally being able to find her words starting to fume with rage, responding with "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME REGINA,........REALLY YOU'RE MAD AT ME FOR TEXTING YOU NO? AND NOT GIVING YOU EYE CONTACT OR TO EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR FUCKING PRESENCE WHEN YOU HAVEN'T EVEN GIVEN ME A SINGLE LIGHT OF FUCKING DAY FOR THE PAST 3 FUCKING WEEKS!!!! BECAUSE I TOLD YOU THAT.....THAT I...THAT I LOVE YOU AND YOU HAVE THE FUCKING BALLS TO BE MAD AT ME!!! NO FUCK YOU REGINA MILLS!!! GET THE HELL OFF OF MY FUCKING PROPERTY NOW!!!!!". Regina stood there with a dumbfounded expression on her face, jaw loosely dropped and her eyes bulging. Emma sensed Regina may have been surprised to hear her respond in this way, but after three weeks of torturing herself over her confession, which took a courage to disclose, Emma felt angry and she had every right to be. With the amount of rejection she has had in her life, the last thing she needed was a 3 week silent treatment from the woman she loves. The woman who finally taught her what real love is. The woman she thought she would never feel that rejection from since they became closer as friends. The silent treatment was agonising over that time. Emma was aware that Regina needed time to process it but 3 weeks was a little excessive and not so much as an acknowledgement in the street made Emma feel as though she was not only rejected, but not accepted anymore by Regina, and NOW Madam Mayor wants to talk, and she always gets her way... Although Emma was angry at Regina she quite liked that part about her. How she would take charge, and be a little demanding from time to time. She had wondered, during lonely nights cocooned in her blanket, if Regina took charge in more intimate areas of her life, and to what extent. But right now, the mayor in her very sexy black and blue low cut dress that is just reaching mid thigh, high heels, and demanding attitude, as sexy as she is, Emma was overwhelming infuriated by Regina's audacity. But Regina coming back to realization from shock just in time to see Emma, who is now shaking with anger and tears building in her eyes threatening to fall just picks up her belongings and goes inside slamming the door in Regina's face not even giving her a second glance to then collapse on the floor against the front door letting her sobs take over ripping them from her throat no longer able to keep them buried any longer.

I crawled out from the pain of yesterday

I crawled to you and

I said all the things that you said to say

Have I said enough

Do you like it yeah, yeah

I know why you're playin' these dirty games

They're killing me and

I know how you love to watch me beg

Well here I am

Do you like it, yeah yeah

And do you like it, yeah yeah

And do you like it, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah

I don't wanna be a puppet for you

Don't wanna bite the hand that's feeding

I don't wanna be a sucker for you, oh yes you

I hate myself for begging

I hate myself for staying

I hate myself for listening to

You, you, you, you, you

It's too little too late, well I can't escape

So beggin' you please

I changed all the things that you told me to change

I'm on my knees

Do you like it, yeah yeah

And do you like it, yeah yeah

And do you like it yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah

I don't wanna be a puppet for you

Don't wanna bite the hand that's feeding

I don't wanna be a sucker for you, oh yes you

I hate myself for begging

I hate myself for staying

I hate myself for listening to you

I just wanna get out, stuck inside of this

Waiting for something else, waiting to exist

Can you offer me help

Help from what I missed, I missed, I

Do you like it, yeah yeah

Do you like it, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah

I don't wanna be a puppet for you

Don't wanna bite the hand that's feeding

I don't wanna be a sucker for you, oh yes you

I hate myself for begging

I hate myself for staying

I hate myself for listening to you, oh I

For listening to you, oh I

There yah go hope you all enjoyed. I'll try and update soon.
-Love you all
Swan