Whispers of the Moonlight Pt. 3 (End)

End of Part 2 Final Moments:
"Will... you take off the ribbon around my hands" Eren asked as Levi sat at the bottom of the bed not facing him.
"Why in hell should I do that, ya damn brat..." He retorted not turning his face to look at him.
"Show me your face, captain."

As Levi kept facing the wall, refusing to look, Eren could sense his passion and see the rims of captain's ears turning red upon being stubborn and not facing him.

With this worse-than-a-mule stubbornness, Eren wrapped his legs around the corporal's waist to forcefully pull Levi closer to his body.

"I will never forget you, not in this life, or any life after. Look at me." Eren pleaded, "Please untie me, Captain."

"Hahhh..." trying to sigh with obviously fake frustration, Levi pulls one side of the ribbon as it unravels and falls onto Eren's face and over his right eye.

Eren threw his arms around the captain as soon as they were free. He could feel the captains still hot body from the recent rigorous activity, but Levi's body was slowly cooling from the breeze of the open window-

'Wait, when was that window open...?'

"Captain, the window was op-"

"I know it was but in the moment, I couldn't keep my cool so I tied your mouth so you wouldn't make too much noise for anyone near by." Levi said, quickly cutting him off again as he sheepishly turned his face.

Eren caught the Captain's chin mid-turn and kissed him.

This so called "cold-blooded murderer"... "The fearless titan slayer"... Eren realized how real his compassion, intense hidden feelings, and precious warmth was bottled up inside this short-statured man. Who knows what may have caused him to say along the lines "don't you ever forget me, you lil'shit" within summary of this encounter. But that night, while strolling along the beach, Heichou was silent. He had no harsh tone, only silence. However this was a peaceful silence. For once, Levi had let Eren walk in front of him on their walk because he "wanted to admire the moonlight" along the vast, salty body of water that stood before them.

Suddenly Eren realized after this hot exercise, the Captain he first met would have -NEVER- let him walk in front. This must mean... that entire stroll... Captain wasn't only looking at the moonlight along the beach... but at Eren as well.

Eren squeezed Levi even tighter within his arms at this surprising revelation. He pulled him down onto the bed and snuggled his face in Levi's hair.

"Oi, brat, what are yo-" Levi said looking up at Eren's face, he stopped mid-sentence when he saw this boy smiling so honestly at him. His green eyes brightening and welling up with tears as he clutched Levi's body close to him.

In Levi's eyes, this boy brought not only unending troubles... countless tragedies... But also a sense of adventure and victory back into his vein. A true light and hope for this day had finally come. They achieved all this because of him. Levi could lay here with him, even with the darkness of his fallen friends, countless comrades. This guilt so heavy that he never thought he would see the light of day again...

But this boy... This overconfident, suicidal maniac showed him the light. Not only was this now a peaceful world with the end of  the titans' reign over humanity through the future of this young man... but through a simple, yet genuine smile Eren showed through the sea-breeze swaying curtains... None could ever imagine smiling again. But this unyielding child, has shown a strength beyond everyone's greatest expectations... Through his best friends dying before him... He could still smile.

"I love you, Levi." Eren whispered, rubbing his nose against Levi's soft, black hair.

As Levi scoffed, Eren saw the tiniest flicker of a smile. Thinking to himself,  that Captain may not be able to ever find the strength to say it this back to him, under the weight and burden of fallen comrades... He could surely feel the quickening pulse of a slowly warming heart.

As the faint sound of waves danced through the slightly shifting curtains...The softest whisper of a response laced through the moonlight flowing that night; to then be ingrained into his soul forever.

- - - F i n - - - 

GUYS I FINALLY FINISHED. I AM SO, SO SORRY FOR THE DELAYS. *bows on hands and knees*

IT WAS TOTAL CHAOS AS I FRANTICALLY RAN AROUND BASICALLY LIKE A CHICKEN WITH ITS HEAD CUT OFF. BUT I FINISHED!
To be honest, I still am not a 100% satisfied with my last line but after being stuck on that one line for 3 HOURS, running around my block in 5 minutes through a thunder storm out of frustration of THIS ONE FINAL LINE... I'm pretty damn satisfied and exhausted. So please if you see anything that I missed or needs to be fixed/touched up... Please give me feedback *is desperate here*

FINISHED FINALLY!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO STUCK AROUND AFTER MY LIKE ALMOST THREE WEEK HIATUS.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

I look forward to writing more for you guys in the near future!

Yours Truly,

ShreddingMisery

ShreddingMisery

v
v
v

{BTW: the picture is not officially mine, but it fits my story SO WELL. So credits to the artist who created this, I've looked everywhere for you but I've only come up with more links to Pintrest without your credits </3 I only added the "Fin" at the top. Bless your soul for this beautiful picture/edit.}