4. News & Dares

Sorin was on a tree branch near what it used to be Daciana's room. The tree in which he had jumped to the night he had helped her make her escape from Penelope. His hands were clenched into fists and his brows tied in a frown. He felt terribly lied to.

-"What's with the long face, boy?"- he heard someone call out to him.

Sorin clicked his tongue and looked away.

-"You knew about it too, didn't you? You're just another good actor"- Sorin was unable to hold back his disgust towards the situation.

-"I know my apologies won't ever be enough, but if you found out about it, what would have happened to the girl?"- the voice said once again.

Sorin's features softened. Daciana's safety had been his priority all this time...If he had known about it, Daciana would have been in more danger at some point, but maybe things would've ended more quickly.

-"You've always been good at covering her up, weren't you?"- said Sorin with half a smile on his face.

Now there was only mere silence. Sorin looked up at the room and sighed.

{Flashback}

Dorin Bucur, a day or two after taking little Sorin to safety, rushed to the scene left by Penelope. He walked around carefully, trying not to step on any corpse. He felt horrible for leaving his wife's corpse behind and he wanted to give her a proper burial. What he didn't know was that his wife would be nowhere around the place. His eyes grew wide when he couldn't find her.

-"Daci...? Daci!"- he cried er name as loud as he could.

He knew she wouldn't hear him since she was...you know...dead. His eyes were getting watery and his hands began shaking uncontrollably. They hadn't been married for that long and their only son was even taken away from them.

-"What are you doing here?"- he heard someone call out to him.

He slowly turned around and found Vlad standing in a corner looking at him quite astonished. Vlad looked at him for a while before speaking again.

-"You saved Sorin's life, didn't you?"-said Vlad. "You're that wolf that always hung around with her...Dorin, was it? Her husband?"

Dorin didn't know whether to attack him or stay put. His emotions were all over the place. His breathing was getting heavier and he wasn't even sure if he would be able to control his upcoming transformation. He could feel it...His eyes turned blue.

-"Hold it up, wolf boy"- said Vlad. "I know where Dacia is"

Dorin's eyes are now focused in the vampire before him.

-"There seems to be some unexpected events going here...I think you should tag along and look at her yourself"

Vlad turned around and began walking away. Dorin had no other choice, so he followed him.

{Present}

-"You look so much like him"- said Dacia as soon as she spotted Silviu standing guard in front of Daciana's chambers.

Silviu slightly frowned.

-"I look like who?"- he asked folding his arms across his chest. "That bloodsucker and I aren't alike"

Dacia rolled her eyes and cleared her throat.

-"You look so much like my husband"- she stated. "Is she inside?"

Silviu looked at her without dropping his guard and nodded. Stubborn like herself...It would only mean that the rumors were true. Vlad had stated that there was a new alpha in the pack and that it was her granddaughter.