EPILOGUE

Richard Martin stood looking up at the glistering stars of the night. The scent of burning flesh filled his nostrils and dove down to his lungs as he could feel the heat on his neck from the fire.

In the past months, he had been captured, brought to jail, gone to trial and found guilty for the murders of six young women. His greatest regret had not been that he would never feel freedom again or that he would spend the rest of his life inside a prison, but that he would never get to do the one thing that had made him feel alive. It saddened him so deeply that he would never again touch their bare necks and feel their life run out by the power of his knife. Until now, he had been depressed and thought of nothing but ending his life on the way over to San Quentin State Prison.

Two security guards and a cop had been sent to escort him from L.A. to Marin County. When he strangled the first security guard with his shackles he did it out of need, not want. He took no personal delight in ending a man’s life. It was just out of pure necessity. When the cop had raised his gun at Richard, the guard driving turned his head and missed a roadblock.

The cop fired three rounds pointlessly and the security van tipped over on its side and crashed onto plain desert.

They had been on a deserted road miles away from any city. The cop and the guard where knocked out from the blow of the crash and Richard had taken his time to pour the spare gasoline tank over, inside, and around the van. He stole the keys to his shackles and used them to bind the cop and the guard to the van. He found a set of matches in the glove compartment just as the cop was slowly waking.

Richard Martin lit the match and dropped it onto the van and soon the screams of two men being burned alive spread through the evening in the vacant desert.

He was forced to a new beginning. His life was renewed and revenge was to be given to the person who had stolen his old life away from him. Whoever she was. However she did it. He would find her and make her suffer. He would kill until there was nothing or no one left to kill on the road back to her. He would lure her out of her secret hiding place and trap her as she had trapped him.

He no longer had anything to hide. He no longer had to pretend to live a normal life. No longer would he be able to be Richard Martin. From this day forth he would be nameless like Death himself.

He took his first steps towards his new life and found his mouth to be dry. He was thirsting. Thirsting in a stronger way than ever before. As uncertain as his life would be from that point on, he knew one thing, he would not stop. Not fear. Not be satisfied until her body lay dead in his arms.

You can now buy Stalking Sapphire's sequel, SILENCING SAPPHIRE for your iPad, Nook, Kindle, & Kobo. It's also available in Paperback on Amazon.