Cheap Love? Cheap Love.

Being seduce by an old man was weird. That was all you could say.

Being seduced by your local merchant was even weirder.

In all honesty, Gus meant well, but he was starting to make you... uncomfortable. The others had told you that he had admired you ever since you defeated Cthulhu, but that just made you squirm more. That was AGES ago, as you were now on your way to defeat Plantera. And, just between you and the hairstylist (who absolutely loved new gossip and couldn't resist asking), you had liked the Steampunker ever since she walked through that door. 

Unfortunately, Gus was unaware of your infatuation, but you liking him back would have only been in his wildest dreams (and possibly other fanfiction that he or other authors may have written). And, even though you hated to be the one to break his heart, you had to tell him that you just didn't feel the same.

So, taking a deep breath through the nose, biting the inside of your cheek, you enter the house you made for him. A bell rings; the smell of dust and beer waft into your nose. Almost immediately, you hear his cheery voice.

"Ah! [Name of Player!]! So good to see you! Now, I have the perfect thing --"

"I need to tell you something," you interrupted, unable to look at his face. You brush away a lock of hair that had fallen on your face, and look up at his direction, but actually looked at the shelf behind him. But, you still noticed his bright smile leave his face with a -- was it a worried, concerned, or anxious look? Gus motioned for you to continue, and you took in another deep breath.

"I... don't like you. Romantically, I mean."

Now you really couldn't look at him. You decided to look at a weapons rack that had various potions and rope stacked on it. Yeah... that will do.

"I'm sorry, but... its just,  weird... I mean," you say now choosing to look at a sword and a pickaxe somehow balancing on each other, a disco ball stacked dangerously on top, "you're pretty..."

"Old?" he finished, sighing.

"I knew you wouldn't like me back. It was a fat chance. But I understand. An old geezer like me would just weigh a young rascal like you down. After all, this isn't a fanfiction where everyone is happy and get with the one they love. I just wish it was..." he scowls, looking off to the side.

"Fanfiction? What's that?" you ask, staring at him with a questioning look.

"Er, nothing!!" He says, looking back up at you, cringing.

Well, that was interesting, to say the least.

A/n

Where did this come from wow