Chapter 2

After John got back to camp, he could only stand the hordes of curious soldiers for so long, so retreated to his cabin. Alexander stayed outside a little longer, spinning an extravagant tale about what had happened to leave the soldiers satisfied. After the mob of people began to thin out, Alexander followed John into the cabin and collapsed on his cot. His friend had already passed out on the top bunk, exhausted from the events of the day.
     As much as Alexander was tired, he couldn't seem to fall asleep. No matter how still he lay, his mind wouldn't stop moving. His brain had plenty to process already, never mind the fact that he kissed John. He kissed John.
      Resting, Alexander was surprised to see the room lighten. He cautiously opened his eyes and saw John lighting a few candles. He stepped off of his cot and looked at John with curious expression. To this, John grabbed him and whirled him around a few times, then pinned him against the wall.
Gripping his shoulder tightly, John pressed his lips forcefully against Alexander's. Shocked, Alexander's eyes went wide. He made a small sound of shock. The moment seemed to be stretched and strained longer and longer. As the kiss went on, Alexander softened, closing his eyes. Under closed eyelids, a fire grew, until John pulled away, making the flame shrink smaller. Alexander's slender fingers wrapped around John's arms, begging and pleading for John to kiss him again. He obliged, pressing his lips against Alex's yet again. For as long as the kiss lasted, Alexander forgot. Forgot about the war, about his friends, his enemies, his power... All he could think about was this moment. John left Alexander's lips and gave him a few pecks on the neck, then pulling away. He smiled, put out the candles, and climbed into his bunk. Alexander couldn't understand how he could sleep.