Chapter 2: House Party

After an exchanging of numbers, Jack and I parted ways, going back into our own little worlds. After I get home and get inside, my phone buzzed. I open the message and smile at who it was from.

UNKNOWN: Hey, beautiful. It's Jack. Wanna go out to dinner tonight? My treat!

I smile and immediately text him back.

ME: Of course! I wanna get to know my Skellington buddy!!!

JACK: Sounds good. 7 okay?

ME: Perfect with me. Where?

JACK: I'll pick you up.

I text him my address and tell him I'll be waiting. I run to my room and pick out a pair of gray skinny jeans, my dark gray long sleeve shirt, maroon Toms and my maroon scarf. I get changed and put on my long cross necklace to finish off the outfit. I take my hair down and let it hang loosely down my back. I always loved getting ready for dates. I look at the clock and see that it was a quarter to 7. I head out to the living room and turn off everything, gathering my bag and my wallet and keys. Just as I finish getting everything together, I hear a knock at the door.

“So, where are we eating at?” I ask as I carefully get into the car, my hip still a bit sore from the tattoo. “How about italian?” Jack says, smiling at me while we sit at the red light. I nod and we pull forward, driving until we reach the Fazoli's. We park and go inside, Jack placing an arm around me to keep me close to him in the crowded restaurant.

After dinner, Jack asks if I wanted to go back to his house. “Sure! Why not?” I say, smiling from the passenger seat. He laughs and says, “Great.” There was something about him that made me trust him. I kind of liked it.

We pull off and drive to the outskirts of Baltimore. We pull into a circle driveway and a few people come outside and get in a car, speeding down the road behind us. Jack parks and gets out, me following him immediately. “This is where you live?” I ask, surprised at the size of the house. “Well, I'm a roomate with the singer of our band. Alex.” I nod and Jack comes over to my side of the car and takes my hand. I walk inside and stay next to Jack while everyone crowds around us.

Jack and I finally get to the den where there were less people, and we get to talking. “So, music taste?” He asks, tossing me a cold beer from the fridge. “I like anything, really. But mainly pop-punk and country.” I say as he sits down. “That's just like me! I swear, you're perfect.” He says, smiling goofily at me. We stare at each for a few minutes, realizing that this is what we've been wanting for a VERY long time- someone who agrees with our music and movie taste, and is half ass good looking.

“Hey Jack, I was wondering if-” A shorter brown haired guy says as he comes down the stairs. “Sorry. Didn't think I would be interrupting.” He says smiling. “It's cool. Alex, this is Becca. Becca, Alex.” Jack says as he introduces us. I shake Alex's hand and he says, “Pleasure.” Alex and Jack talk , then Alex goes upstairs. Jack comes back to me, sitting down and pulling me closer to him. I lean into him and sigh, linking fingers and relaxing. I look up at him and he looks down at me, his eyes telling everything he was thinking. You're everything I could ever want... He leans down after looking down at my lips and kisses me. I smile and say, “You aren't taking me home tonight, are you?” He laughs and says, “Not with how gorgeous you are right now.” I smile and get up with Jack, following him to his bedroom.