Face me

Author's note:

Alright! The next chapter after this will be the ending. :) After the ending, I'm thinking about making on last special chap for you all. SO,I'm giving you guys the freedom to choose what you want to appear in the special. Do you guys want a beach episode? A christmas special? Mika and Yuu getting a pet? Or how about getting some lemonade? *wink wonk*

Just let me know in the comments!

-Lucidity-

---

"Are you freaking serious?!"

"Yuu-chan, calm do-..."

Tiiiiing

The bell swung back and forth as I marched through the door. I couldn't stand staying in that restaurant after what Mika had told me. He wanted to go to America to attend medical school and leave me here? Just when things were starting to go great for us... I don't believe him. It's like he wants the two of to stay separated our whole lives!

It was the first time I had ever felt so angry... so infuriated by Mika, of all people! I found it so stupid because he was always the one to make me happy, he was always the reason I kept holding on so long, that I continued living on. And now this happens. I never thought the day I'd walk out on Mika would ever come.

"Will you just wait for a second?!"

I stopped my tracks when Mika had held on to my wrist tightly. It slightly made me jerk back. Luckily, I was able to hold my weight so I didn't end up falling down.

"Wait?" I let out a snigger, turning around so I could see Mika face to face. As I spoke, I took steps forward, making him go backwards. "I've waited for you for how many tormenting years, Mika..." I gripped my fists tightly, "I was really happy when we finally met again. I thought all the despair I felt was worth it."

Mika's back had hit a wall, and I was already cornering him down face to face, "And then you suddenly say you're leaving again." My hands held on to the collar of Mika's shirt, and I grit my teeth in anger, "Sometimes I wonder if you even consider how I feel!"

"What?..." Mika's eyes narrowed, "You think I don't consider your feelings?"

He held on to my arms and instantly dragged them down, making let go of his shirt. My arms swung gently as he threw my arms off from his grip, "All I ever think about is doing everything that makes you happy, Yuu-chan. The places you wanna go, how want to spend each day together, helping you with your studies, listening to whatever to say, everything. I gave you everything you wanted, and you think I don't consider your feelings?"

I gaped, stuck in silence as I listened to the words Mika spat out from his lips. He pointed his index finger at me with exasperation, "God, don't even get me started with you saying things like 'I want to build a future with you' or 'I want to work hard for us' and all that. What the hell are we even? We're not dating, that's for sure..." He placed his hand on his chest, brows wrinkling, "And I...I-I, I love you. But do you even see me that way? Am I really just family for you?"

Mika gasped. My jaw dropped the moment he had said everything out at once. Suddenly, my body felt strange. My stomach was churning weirdly, my chest was beating like a wild drum, and it was as if my soul had fallen down on its knees. Everything had began to be hot around me, and Mika stood there as if he was petrified.

"Damn it" He whispered to himself but I could hear it loud and clear, "I didn't mean to spit that all out..."

Now that Mika had mentioned everything, a whole lot of things had come back to my mind. Mika's attempt to kiss me back at the hospital, that kiss by the piano, holding hands, the way I feel whenever the two of us were together. I loved Mika as my family, but there was really more than just that. He gave me a reason to live from the day we met at the orphanage to the present, even after I had thought I'd lost him forever. Mika was the one person who had made me feel happy and sad at the same time... and I didn't understand it.