Chapter 1

Lights P.O.V

"LIGHT GET UP!" Maya screams as she yanks my bed sheets off my stretched out body causing me to curl up into a small ball.

"Why you do this to meee?" I whisper squeezing my eyes up and pushing my face into my pillow.

"Light hun it's nearly two in the afternoon, I need coffee and you gave a gig at Starbucks in 15 minutes go I suggest you move your ass." She sighs throwing open my cupboard causing me to open one eye and glare at her.

"What are you doing?"

"Choosing a outfit for you." She smirks as she starts rifling through my clothes.

"HA NO!" I yell pulling myself out of bed and walking over to her.

"Well then I suggest you get in the shower then." She grins before turning and walking out of my room, I smile and let out a breathy laugh.

"BITCH!" I yell over my shoulder as I walk into the bathroom.

"Never said I wasn't!" She laughs causing me to smile and shake my head before looking up into the mirror.

"Oh god." I mumble as I look at my reflection, my long black hair has become matted and my make-up smudged from one side of my face to the other, I let out a sigh before quickly undressing and turning on the hot water. Slipping into the shower I quickly wash my hair and body, exfoliating my face and shaving my legs before jumping out of the shower letting the sudden rush of cold air send shivers down my spine.

"Say goodbye to the halls and the classes, say hello to a job and the taxes," I sing quietly to myself as I wrap a towel around my body and exit the bathroom heading straight to my closet. "weekends with out friends spilling into nine to five routine." I continue to sing as I pull out a pair of black skinny jeans, a loose white T-shirt, underwear and my black beanie, dropping my towel and slipping on my clothes. "Tell me how you feel over and done with, like your life is a map with no compass," I sing softly as I walk back into my bathroom and apply some eyeliner and concealer under my eyes. "To guide at the bar drinking way to much we sing along to forever young. So here we go again, wishing we could start again" I sing before throwing open my bedroom door and raising my voice to a yell. "WENDY RUN AWAY WITH ME, I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY DON'T YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME! I WANNA BE YOUR LOST BOY YO-"

"LIGHT SHUT-UP I WANT COFFEE LETS GO!" Maya screams as she turns me around and shoves me out the door before throwing my wallet in my face and passes me my guitar case

"Love you too." I mumble as I drag my guitar case down the old steps of our apartment block and onto the cracked, leaf covered footpath. "Why does Starbucks have to be so far awayyy?" I complain throwing my head back causing my beanie to fall onto the ground. "Nooooo" I whisper cry as I look down a my black beanie lying sadly on the ground before looking up at Maya and pointing to it.

"You're pathetic." Maya chuckles as she scoops my beanie off the ground and places it awkwardly on my head "Oh and I suggest you start running because your gig is in 5 minuets."

"What? Nooo" I scoff pulling my phone out of my back pocket and check the time 2:10pm "Shit!" I yell as I break off into a sprint "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!" I continue to shreik as I rush through the back door of starbucks and throw open my guitar case. 

"About time Light" Stephen the store manager calls over his shoulder as he straightens up the mic stand. 

"I know I'm sorry I-'

"Slept in." He finishes for me as he throw me the cord to the guitar amp "I figured." He chuckles lighly, throwing a playful smile as I slide my guitar strap over my head and set up the guitar amp before stepping up on the small stage.