Chapter 2

Alex's P.O.V

"Where the hell are you? We had a meeting organised at 3 and you didn’t even show up!" Matts voice snaps through the phone.

"Yeah sorry I was following up on something." I say scratching the back of my neck as I walk through the vegetables section and snatch up some parsley and tomatoes and gently dropping them into the shopping cart.

"What were you following up?" He queries curiosity clear in his voice.

"Well I heard this girl at Starbucks this morning and she did a cover of our song, Matt she put in her own bridge and it sounded awesome. So I'm heading over to her place soon and she's gonna show me some of her stuff."

"Alex I told you we have already organised for you and Kellin to do some songwriting in a months time"

"I know that," I sigh as I grab two boxes of spaghetti and throw it into the cart "But wouldn't it be great to give someone who hasn't already done stuff like this before? Kellin is constantly touring with the band and this girl has talent that should be shared." Matt lets out a sigh as I walk over to the checkout.

"You go over and record some stuff on your phone and if she's as great as you think she is I'll look into it," He says "Anyway I'll chat to you on Wednesday, bring her to the meeting if you can so we can see if she's up for it and she can meet the others."

"Will do, thanks man."

"Yeah, yeah don't mention it." He huffs before hanging up the phone as I grab my bags and walk out to the car, throwing the bags onto the passenger seat I start up the car and drive to the address Light texted me, pulling up in front of an apartment building with The Sleek etched in metal letters across the gate, pulling out my phone I click on Lights number and wait as the dial tone rings eventually leading to her voicemail. She must be doing something I think to myself, I shrug and begin climbing the stairs up to the 3rd floor looking for apartment 22, knocking on the door and waiting patiently, I let out a sigh realising nobody is going to answer. She's probably out. I turn to the door and knock quickly again before trying the doorhandle, to my surprise the door clicks and I push it open and walk into the apartment dropping my bags of groceries on the kitchen counter. Wow smooth Alex, just waltz into this girls house when shes out.

"Where everything isn't mean to be okay!" I hear a familiar voice sing, I grin she must be warming her voice up I conclude before walking towards her voice.

Light's P.O.V

"Don't wanna be an American idiot." I sing along as I shimmy off my clothes and walk into the shower thrashing my head from left to right as the hot water runs over my skin, I quickly wash my hair and body along with the song. I slip out of the shower and dry my body and tousle the towel through my hair before sliding on my panties and bra

"Television dreams of tomorrow" I sing along as I comb through my hair and open my bathroom door and walk into my bedroom. "We're no- ALEX HOLY DICKS!" I scream throwing my arms over my chest and avert my eyes to the floor as I feel a blush crawl up my neck.

"Hey Li- Oh god  I- You look good uh no I me- I am so sorry." He babbles before throwing his hands over his eyes, turning around and leaving the room causing me to let out a embarrassed laugh. "I am so sorry!" He calls from outside the embarrassment clear in his voice.