Chapter Four: Luke

After school I was exhausted. And to make things worse I had work as well. I left my bag near the doorstep and looked around for my mum and brothers. No one seemed to be home so I walked upstairs to my room.

My room was a mess. Clothes were all over the place and my school books were on the floor somewhere. Even though I was tired I didn't like mess. I decided to tidy up after myself. Everything was put in its rightful place but I knew it wouldn't last long. Once I was done, I lay on my bed.

As soon as I lay on my bed I felt as if I couldn't get up. I searched for my phone in my trouser pocket and slowly tapped in a number. It was so much effort just to do that.

"Cassie? Yeah, it's me Luke. Listen, I don't think I'll be able to make it to work today. It's just one of those days...."

After listening to my excuse, Cassie gave me the okay and I began to relax a bit more. I got up and felt a rush through my head because of how fast I got up. I looked out of my window and I could directly see Hayley's bedroom.

I sent a text to Hayley saying "Look out your window babe ;)". A minute later the black haired beauty came into view with her phone in her hand. She smiled.

It made me feel more alive by just seeing her. I didn't know how she did it but I felt much better. It's pretty silly to have feelings for someone you haven't known for long but from the moment I saw her walking through the school gates, something inside me sparked up like a firework every time I saw her. It was something I just couldn't control.

That day when I confronted her about why she wasn't hanging out with us, I felt something. Her eyes widened at my touch. She felt it. The sparks. But I didn't dare confront her about it. I was too scared of her answer.

I saw Hayley looking for something and she was out of sight for a second. She came back with a notebook and a marker pen.

"hey Luke :) no work?"

I searched the room for a notepad and a marker pen.

"Called in sick :("

I could see she was getting ready for the cinemas. She was wearing a 'dork' t-shirt and jeans. Simple but she looked good. Her hair looked beautiful let out.

"Come with me?" She wrote.

I sighed. I really wanted to go. I did. But I was too exhausted. I shook my head.

"Okay :(" She replied.

"I'll see you later then? :)" I wrote.

She nodded and smiled. I heard a car beep. I guessed it was Ashton and Michael.

"Gotta go! It's Michael" She wrote.

What?! Michael?! What about Ashton? I thought.

I smiled at Hayley and she went out of sight.

What was Michael doing? It was supposed to be him AND Ashton. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was a date.

Instantly, I shrugged it off. Michael wouldn't do that. I decided to do something to get my mind off it. I tried doing homework but I didn't have any strength to.

The next three hours went really slowly as I had nothing to do. NOTHING. I decided to sleep for a bit and get rid of the tiredness I was feeling.

When I woke up I was feeling fresh and lively. I could hear a car pull up. It was Hayley. And Michael.

I waited until Hayley was back in her room. She spotted me and grinned. I searched the room for my notepad and marker pen.

"You tired?" I asked.