Chapter 1

Nicole's POV~

No...It can't be...

I...

Failed.

Me and Angelina are no going in a crappy, cramped up, smelly o'l adoption center...who the hell would adopt a 17 year old girl and a 12 year old girl?! And what about my job???!!! What will I do what will they think?!

"What about my job?" I asked, waiting for anyone to reply. "We called and let them know you will not be coming in for work anymore." Ugh, just great!! I'm screwed!!!

"Will we be together?" Angelina asked to the two policemen, in a soft voice.

"Unfortunately, no. Nicole will be going to a teen adoption center, and you will be going to an adoption center for younger girls like yourself." He replied to her, giving a soft smile. She shook her head and hid behind me.

"No! I want to stay with Nicole!" Her voice began to raise, causing the two men and others to shush her.

"Honey, be quiet, please." One said. She rolled her eyes and made some mean faces at them. They looked at each other (the two policemen) and chuckled lightly. I felt tears forming in my eyes. Why must they do this?!

"Well...it's time to say goodbye. Everyone's waiting." One said.

"NO!!!" We both screamed, hesitant to leave. They picked Angelina up and pulled me away, us both fighting to get free.

"Stop! It's no use!" I yelled to Angelina. She stopped and started to cry. I stopped as well and listened to the two policemen. I got in the car and waved to Angelina, who had fer face pressed up against the glass, driving away.

"I'm sorry, but it's a must do." A woman said. I quickly turned me head to see a lady who looked like she was in her late 30's.

"Who are you?" I said coldly. She smiled and laughed.

"I'm the chief. Careful what you said to me." Oh Jesus.

"S-sorry.." I said back, less loud and more nicer. I really don't want to go...

=====================================

The car stopped in front of a building titled, "Northville Orphanage."

(totally made that up xD)

Well that's kind of a sucky name, to be honest.

(sorry if it exists already I mean xP)

We approached the door and I saw an old lady at the front desk.

"Why hello, dearie. You must be Nicole." She said with a warm-hearted smile. I gave a light smile back and nodded.

"Well, come here darling, I'll show you around." She said.

"May we speak with you?" The chief said. The lady nodded and I walked out of the room. I could still listen to their conversation...

"Hi, what can I do for you?" The lady asked.

"Yes, Mrs. Berthorne. Nicole is very...anti-social and shy. She doesn't cooperate well either." The lady, who I now know as Mrs. Berthorne, nodded slowly.

"We keep track of her records, we aren't idiots. Just take good care of her, okay?" Chief said. The lady nodded and the officers left. I walked back into the 'waiting room' or whatever.

"Come, let me show you around."  I nodded as I walked behind her.

========================================

This place seems very lovely. I haven't even seen my room yet!

"And this, is your room." She said, opening the door. My mouth dropped open as I let out a gasp.

(Picture on right, too lazy to describe it ;))

"I-I love it!!" I stuttered, slowly entering the room. I sat down on the lovely white comforter.

"This room is awesome!" I said, lying down on my bed.

"I'm glad you like it. Would you like to meet the others?" She said. I got up and nodded, following her out of the room.

"EVERYONE, BOTTOM FLOOR! WE HAVE A NEWCOMER!!" She yelled. Damn.

I looked to the stairs aand saw 9 people running down. That's a less people than I thought.

"INtoduce yoursleves. One by one." I looked at the first person, who was a boy.

"Hi, I'm Alex. Nice to meet you. I heard your name is Nicole. Welcome! I'm sure we could be great friends." He said, smiling. He has brown hair with blue eyes. To be honest, he's kinda cute.

"Hi, I'm Sophia. Nice to meet you Nicole." The girl said to me, smiling as well. She also has brown hair, yet a little lighter. She has brown eyes.

"I'm Jennifer, but you can call me Jenny!" The next girl said, very...hyper...ly? I don't know how to explin it. She has blonde hair and green eyes.

"I'm Alicia, or Alice. Nice to meet you." The next girl said, yet..less nicer than the others. Still nice, but just...not as. She has long, dark brown hair with green-blue eyes. Hm.

"I'm Samuel, or Sam." The next guy said. He has really dark blonde hair, and green eyes. He was kinda rude.

"I'm Carter. You seem pretty cool. Maybe we could hang out." He said. He has black/brown hair with light blue eyes. Awe man, he's also cute.

"I'm Madison..." The next girl said. Very harshly, I might as well add. She has pretty blonde hair with dark blue eyes.

"I'm Cody. Nice to meet you Nicole." A guy said. He also has black hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Clarissa. You seem nice." The last girl said. She also has brown hair and she has...purple eyes? Well that's unique. She was really pretty, along with the other girls too.

Few of them ran back upstairs, a few went somewhere else, and a few stayed where they were. I recognized them as Alex, Carter, and Sophia.

"Hi..." I said shyly. They all waved back awkwardly.

"Baby, when is dinner again?" Sophia asked, turning her head to Alex. Eh!

"In a half an hour I think." He replied, Sophia rolling her eyes, crossing her arms.

"I'm hungry too. What about you, Nicole?" Carter said. Now I have three heads looking directly at me, waiting for an answer.

I shook my head, "No."

Then it was silent, besides everything else I mean.

"So..how are you guys." I asked. They put their thumb up and smiled, as I nodded. Well this is really awakward...

**30 MINUTES LATER...***

"Alright, everyone, please take a seat! Time for dinner!!!" Mrs. Berthorne yelled from the kitchen. Everyone quickly scurried to the table, taking a seat.

"You can sit next to me and Alex." Carter said, motioning me to come forward. I nodded and took a sit.

"Alright, what would you like?" I could hear a lady ask the end of the table. We're kind of at the far end, so it probably will take a while to get to us.

===================================

"Alright Nicole, what would you like?" The lady asked.

"Just some...steak is fine. Rare, too." She wrote it down and asked Alex. Now I just need to wait...

=======================================================================

OMFG GUYS SO MUCH SUSPENSE WILL SHE LIKE HER STEAK???!!! Lol Cx Sorry I haven't updated, I friggin love you guys. Too much school. I also need you guys to comment, k? gamergirl8D comments and is really nice. Thank you gamergirl8D! Go check out her account, guys!!

~liamgirl11