(13) Collisions

It took me so long to write this chapter, I am afraid it might not be my best. But I tried! So please leave feedback and tell if you like this story!

*     *      *

13.

''How about we go to Nano's instead?'' I offered to Lillian, but it looked like she wasn't listening as we headed towards her family's café. She was typing away on her cell phone looking pretty invested in whatever conversation she was having, as she strode towards the café. I was following behind her panting, she hadn't waited for me to catch up and I was lagging.

She sure had a good stride.

''What is wrong with him?'' She shrieked suddenly when we reached there and I nearly jumped in surprise, putting a hand on my heart. What was up with that?

''What happened?'' I asked, she was clutching her phone tightly and staring at the screen in horror. I scooted closer to get a closer look when she didn't reply.

It was her picture, her face twisted in a very weird angle, something between scoffing and frowning. If I wasn't a little scared of her, and if I wasn't her friend I might have laughed. And I was sure a lot of other people were laughing looking at it. Beneath the picture was a caption that didn't help. Apparently someone had posted it to ridicule Lillian.

''Who is it? Who did that?'' It was picture from the club room which meant it was taken at that time; I could see the pin board of that room in the back very clearly.

''Aiden Sullivan!'' She shrieked again, this time anger rolling off her in waves, ''he's the one who posted it.''

''He wouldn't-''

''He did! Look at this! Gosh, I am gonna kill that guy.'' She looked really upset and honestly the matter was kind of upsetting. Why would Aiden post such a stupid picture on internet? No, why would he click the picture in the first place? I thought he loved charming girls, but in Lillian's case, he always did out of character things. It had started to worry me. Was it because of their spat earlier?

''I can't believe he did this to me,'' she said, her fists clenched on her side, ''isn't this a crime? Shouldn't I just go and report him?''

Why are you yelling at me? I wanted to say; instead I grabbed her phone and turned it off before she got madder.

''Don't worry; we should get you some water. Don't look at your phone anymore,'' I took out mine and turned it off in front of her, ''I wont look either.''

Lillian scowled, at that time she looked a lot like Derrick, ''Ally, thanks. But turning off your phone wont help. Everyone must be laughing at me right now!''

I tried to think of something to calm her down, ''B-but it's okay right? I thought you weren't the type to care what people say or think.''

''I don't!'' She looked ready to punch someone in the face, ''but does it give people a right to do whatever they want? Does it give Sullivan right to ridicule me like this? Was Marley not enough?!'' She was yelling now and I was suddenly very nervous. People were looking at us, probably thinking we were crazy.

And why did Marley sounded a familiar name to me? I felt like I had heard it somewhere before as well.

Anyways, that was not important. Lillian needed to calm down right now; she looked ready to burst in anger at any minute.

''I am going to kill that guy!'' She actually started to turn but I grabbed her firmly, stopping her. Cheers to me for being brave enough.

''No, I can't let you run right now. You can beat him up tomorrow.'' Before she could protest I started to take her inside the café. I needed Derrick to handle this right now; I was brave enough to hold her back, but I wasn't brave enough to face awkward situations.