(20) Hand

20.

''So he's Trevor?'' I smiled nervously when mom asked, looking out of the window and Trevor and his parked car. Today was my first day at his place and mom wanted to make sure she knew who I was going to work for? It made sense, so I didn't argue. It was actually good that she was aware.

In case, if something happened.

''Are you can handle two jobs at the same time Ally? The café is already consuming your time. I'm worried.''

I gave her a reassuring smile, ''I actually enjoy working at the café, and Trevor really needs my help with his sister.'' That part was a lie. I had no idea who I was going to help, so I made it up. Trevor was being stubborn as well, not giving me a single hint.

''I'll be going now, I'll message you when I get to the café.'' She nodded, helping me put my stuff in my bag,

''And I need to tell you something important,'' she looked troubled for a moment, scratching her head,

''You can tell me now.'' I proposed,

''No, when you come back, I'll tell you.''

I said my goodbyes and went outside to join Trevor. I glanced at the house next to ours before getting in the car. Dale hadn't seen Trevor in school yet, he didn't even know Trevor was working with me. If he knew that I was working for Trevor as well, I could imagine what he would do. Not that I was scared of him.

Angry, furious, cross, yes. Not scared.

''So, what was the point of coming back home, you wasted so much time.''

I didn't bother replying to him. He reached over and punched a few buttons of his stereo.

''Guns and Roses? Typical.'' I muttered, earning a grin,

''That's the radio singing, I have my own collection of songs.'' A second later, my eyes went wide as I heard what sounded like Asian music blaring from the car.

''What's that!? It sounds so familiar.''

''Pokémon Adventures, theme song one.''

I gave him an incredulity filled look, my mouth half opened, ''Are you a kid or what?'' I cried out in frustration, ''you don't look like someone who's into cartoons!''

''Anime,'' he corrected me, ''not cartoons. There's a difference.''

''God, I don't even care anymore. You're too weird to even think about.'' Trevor shrugged,

''No need to think about me mouse, just day dream about the boss.''

I froze, ''What does that mean?''

''Don't pretend. I can detect a crush when I see one.''

''Gosh, stop!'' I let out a frustrated sigh and pulled on my headphones.

Trevor's house was as grand as his car. When he stopped in front of the large building, filled with trees and men in black, I almost dropped my phone.

''Did you bring me here to show off?'' I muttered under my breath, but he heard and gave me a grin.

''Let's go in, we don't have enough time.''

I was still busy staring at his house, while he led me inside. I noticed two guys in uniforms trimming the bushes that lined the path to the front door.

''Good afternoon sir.'' They greeted Trevor simultaneously, he returned the greeting with a movement of his hand. I watched the exchanged with my eye brows raised.