•one•

Cameron walked down the hall, relieved. He was more than happy to be excused from Science class, no matter how much he liked learning. As he neared the office, he ran a hand through his messy brown hair, letting his hand trail down to scratch at his jaw.
I wonder if the new kid is cute, he thought, dropping his hand back to his side to fiddle around in his pocket. Slipping through the office after Mrs. Aden, the school counselor. Jenny, the receptionist (they were on a first name basis these days) gave him a big smile and tilted her red spiky hair covered head to a boy that say in a seat to the far left of Cameron. Cameron took a deep breath, eyeing the boy and trying not to stare.
He was gorgeous.
Dude. Hot guy. Right. In. Front. Of me. Ash's voice sounded in his head as the boy's green/blue eyes met his. He stood up, a smile taking over his face. As Cameron smiled back and shook the kid's hand, he couldn't help but feel far away. Ash.
A pang of jealousy stung him at Ash's words.
Cameron let go of the new boy's hand as he responded, eyeing the kid up and down.
Same.
New guy's smile widened, and he looked at Cameron.
Cameron gestured for New Guy to follow him and stopped right outside the office door, waving goodbye to Jenny.
"So where to fi-what?" New Guy was staring at him with his mouth wide open and his eyes wider.
He snapped out of it as Cameron raised a single, perfect eyebrow at him.
"Holy shit," New Guy whispered. "W-what's your n-name?"
Cameron frowned.
"Cameron Vrass."
New Guy is weirding me out. Cam thought to Ash.
"Cam?" Ash replied. It took Cameron a second to figure out that it wasn't coming from in his head.
He looked up at New G-err, Ash in surprise and wonder.
"Ash?!"
"Cam?!"
After a couple moments of shocked silence, a big grin made its way to Ash's face and he wrapped his arms around Cameron tightly, lifting him in the air with the force of the hug.
Cam laughed, wiggling in his grip but hugging him back.
Cameron felt cold once Ash set him back down and he almost wished that the hug hadn't ended so soon.
Hell, he very much wished it.
"I can't believe that you didn't figure it out, what with a new kid coming the same day I was going to a new school in Cali?" Asher laughed, shoving his hands in the back pockets of his dark wash skinny jeans and rocking back in his Converse.
Cameron smiled shyly, unable to look away from his beautiful best friend.
He couldn't believe this.
"Well, I am pretty oblivious,"
It was quiet, but Cam was pretty sure he heard a muttered "damn right".
He ignored it.
"Its so weird hearing your voice...out," Ash murmured, but his eyes showed his happiness about the dilemma.
The look of content on Asher's face automatically drew a smile out of hiding and onto Cam's face.
"I know,"
Ash continued to stare at him for a moment, before clenching his fists and biting on his bottom lip.
OMMIGOD, Cam's mind screamed.
"You are so fuckin' cute." Ash whispered quickly, and Cam's heart beat even faster when Ash pulled him in for another hug.
Cameron simply laughed.
"Liar," he sighed, pushing Ash away playfully, a smile dancing on his soft lips.
Just then, the bell rang. Students began pouring into the hallways, and Ash groaned.
"Don't worry," Cam said with a grin. "Telepathy, and lunch in two hours."
Ash smiled and squeezed Cameron one last time before bouncing off to ask a kid for directions to Gym. Cam would've walked him there, but he knew Ash would've just pushed him away. He was sort of independent.
Cameron let out a breath and began walking to his third period, brushing his hair out of his hair.
••••••••••
With smiles, Asher and Cameron walked towards the cafeteria together. Ash was telling Cam about some girl he'd met in English and about how much he loved her Beyoncé shirt. Cameron was staring at his smile every minute he could.
They reached the noisy cafeteria, and Cam shoved Asher inside, giggling.
He guided Ash to his usual table, waving at Charlotte and Ben, his other friends.
Charlotte was staring at his and Ash's hands (which were almost touching and yesCameroncouldfeelitandyeshewasflippingshithahaHA) and back to Asher, who blinked shyly back at them.
"Who the f-" Ben began, looking Asher up and down.
"Ben, Charlotte, this is Asher. Charlotte, stop staring, you're gay. Ben, I thought you didn't date?"
"I can look at the menu, I just can't order," Ben shot back, licking his lips.
"Same," Charlotte responded quickly, eyes widening as Cam grabbed Ash's hand and forced him to sit at the table.
Asher pointed at the lunch line, but Cam shook his head and reached into his messenger bag, pulling out his Subway.
Ash pulled away the paper and let out a squeal at the sandwich and cookies.
Charlotte's eyes went even wider.
"Cam-"
"You never share your food!"
Charlotte and Ben both start, confusion and excitement etched into their faces.
Ben looked at Charlotte and leaned over to whisper something in her ear.
Ash picked a pickle off the sandwich and ate it as Charlotte replied with a whisper just ask quiet.
If Cam listened hard enough, he swore he could hear the words "ship it" and "Casher".
He frowned disapprovingly at both Ben and Char, who turned to look at him with large, mischievous smirks.
He was about to admonish them when a rough hand gripped his chin and turned his head. Cam blinked at Ash as he fed Cam a bite of the sandwich and giving him a giggle, shoving his face back to look at Ben and Char.
Charlotte shook the hell out of Ben.
Cam chewed his food and tried to will the redness in his cheeks away as his heart raced.
"So this is the same Asher you've been texting buddies with ever since...like ever?" Ben asked, clearing his throat.
"Yeppers," Ash responded brightly and nibbled on a cookie.
Charlotte squealed and Ben grinned, while Cameron slammed his head on the table. Repeatedly.
•••••••••
hey babes!
this is a new story i decided to make out of a tumblr au.
i'm gonna to post twice a week at least and write about 2,000 words each chapter.
school starts up again in August and i'll probably be limited to only one chapter a week then.
please comment and vote, maybe even follow ;) cx
love you awesome nerds ❤️
i'm out
-hazel