YA WHAT?

*Four weeks later*

“We’ve managed to track your father down Olivia, I'm rather surprised it took this long to find him, here are the details” the lady that the court had ordered stay with me until they tracked my father down said passing me a thick file.

I flicked through the file in shock, there were so many priors and lists of assaults it wasn’t funny.

“You’re sending me to live with this man?” I cried out in shock, quickly shutting my mouth when I realized what I had done.

The lady –Vanessa nodded “As per your mothers wishes, pack your things hon, we’re leaving for the airport tomorrow morning”

I walked up to my bedroom, which was about the size of a normal family’s lounge room, I sighed sitting down on my comfortable bed, I went through my drawers empting all of my things into a large box, I stopped when I reached the part of my wall where I had all of my pictures, trophies and certificates.

I was an over achiever with no life, that’s for sure.

The next morning I woke up put my glasses on walked into my bathroom and washed myself, my drab blonde hair still a mess from the previous day.

I dried my hair and pulled it up into a bun leaving two curls out to frame my face, I applied a little lippy and some mascara, some concealer around my eyes to make it look like I hadn’t been crying, but you could still see how puffy and red they were with it on anyway.

I slipped on a pair of light creamy pink tights a pink bandeau underneath a body hugging black singlet top and a pair of black denim off cut shorts with a loose pink throw over.

This was way more effort than I had ever put in to my looks ever, but if I was meeting my dad I wanted to show him what he left behind, not that it was much to begin with.

I walked down to the car where Vanessa had packed my things into and drove to the airport.

The drive there was quiet except for the radio playing some songs and my iPod blaring in my ear drums.

When we arrived there Vanessa took all my things over to one of the customs officers me following in tow.

It took half an hour to get through customs before and before long I was on the massive jet watching from the window at Vanessa waving, I waved back a little turning around to face the front of the plane.

I hope things are going to be better. Was the last thought that drifted through my mind as I fell deeper and deeper into a dark dreamless sleep.