SIX?????

*Kendal*

“She’s crazy” Hamish muttered

I nodded “At least she’s going to be happy and safe here”

“She seems like she’s really enjoying being here, you should have seen the smile on her face when Mark made breakfast this morning”

I laughed “That's not surprising, she’s a foodie”

“Yeah and she stole all the cookies” Hamish whined

Madeline laughed “I made a double batch, don’t tell her”

“I heard that!” my little sisters voice rang through the speakers

“OLIVIA GET OUT OF YOUR FATHERS STUDY NOW!” Madeline yelled glaring up at the closest camera

“Ok...” came her cheeky giggle

“Shit, she’s going to be a handful” Hamish muttered grabbing a cookie from the bowl

“Agreed” Both Madeline and I said

*Olivia*

An hour had rolled by, apparently we were going out for dinner tonight, yeah, which meant no leather jackets and jeans.

So instead I had left my hair as is, just adding a blue bow in the back, I had about thirty or so rings on... both hands that is, two big black leather bracelet cuffs, a long think linked chain necklace and a set of sapphire earrings.

I was wearing a cute black ruffles sweetheart cocktail dress, with a cute little black bow at the back, a pair of seven inch stilettos with a blue and black bow on them, I looked sexy, now off to scare my big brother... I reckon he’ll yell at me a few times... wonder what my father will say?

I walked down stairs where Kendal and Hamish were waiting at the foot of the stairs.

“No way Olivia, go change” Hamish said with narrowed eyes

“Go change Ollie, dad’ll kill me if we let you out that door in those clothes”

I rolled my eyes and pulled my leather jacket up onto my shoulders “better?” I asked

“No” they both said in a flat tone.

“I hate you both” I retorted

They rolled their eyes “That's fine with me” Kendal said “Go change”

I glared at my brother and Hamish.

“What do you think school’s going to be like with her there?” Hamish asked Kendal just as I started walking up stairs.

“Wait what?” I asked spinning around so fast I lost my balance and fell over on the stairs “School? Why do we have to go to school? Can’t we just get our own teacher or something?” I pleaded memories running through my mind faster than anything, that day at the hospital, my mom’s funeral, the open casket showing her face narrow and gaunt, my eyes teared up, how could I forget my mom? What sort of daughter am I?

Madeline ran into the room and pulled me up into her arms, just like my mom used to do when I was little, I know my makeup was running, I would look like a panda, but I didn’t care, my mom had just died and I was acting like nothing was wrong.

“Shh, shh, shh everything will be ok sweetie” she murmured in my ear rubbing circles on my back

I shook my head against her chest “N-no”

“Hey? Look Olivia, it’s going to get easier from here on in... I promise” Hamish said coming up to the other side of me

I turned and looked at him; he also had tears in his eyes.

“I’ll call dad and tell him we can’t make it, looks like someone needs ice cream” Kendal whispered the last bit in an effort to lighten the mood.

“N-no, you can’t do that, I don’t want to let him down too” I whispered my voice cracking a little at the end

“Hey Ollie, dad will understand”

“Kendal, if she wants to go to dinner with her father and her brothers let her go” Madeline said looking a little deflated

“Brother” I corrected

“Brothers unfortunately” Hamish muttered “And the other ones are a bit more annoying than this one”

“I’ll take that as a complement” Kendal muttered glaring at Hamish

Madeline shook her head “Come on sweetheart, let’s get you changed into something more comfortable” she whispered slipping her heels off her feet and walking with me up stairs bare foot.

“I feel like I've let mom down” I whispered when we got into my baby pink bedroom

“Sweetie, you’ve been so strong for so long, it’s natural to want to have a little distraction for a while” she whispered

“B-but-“ I stuttered

“Shh, it’s ok honey, believe it or not those two morons down there love you sweetheart, your father would do anything to make you happy, and I promise ill make some more cookies when we get back”

“Cookies?” I asked brightening up instantly at the idea

“Cookies” she nodded getting up from next to me “Now you go wash your face and ill pick out another outfit that your brothers won’t go mental about”

I smiled and walked into my ensuite bathroom, I literally stuck my head in a sink full of water, probably not the most normal thing, but it cooled down my face which felt like it was burning, and now I felt like I was drowning, aren’t I smart.

“Olivia, if you’re trying to drown yourself it wont work” came Madeline’s slightly amused voice

I flicked my head out of the water “Why not?”

“Because you would pull out of the water before you could, now sit down so I can redo your makeup”

I scrunched up my nose.

She rolled her eyes

Another half hour later and I was once again presentable, instead of wearing black like I was before Madeline opted for a bright pink dress with sequins and glitter pretty much everywhere, the shoes I was wearing were simple black ballet flats with pink glitter all over them, my make up was done in a smoky grey tone, my lips were bubble gum pink, Madeline had left my hair as is, but added a tiara, yeah a tiara, where the hell she found it was beyond me.

I stared in the mirror “I look like a piece of candy” I said grumpily

“Lets hope they think so too” Maddie joked pushing me back down stairs where Kendal and Hamish were still waiting.

“Why have you dressed my sister like a piece of bubblegum?” Kendal asked

“Dude, now we can call her princess, look” Hamish said gesturing carelessly to my tiara

“Only if you want me to bash up your car” I stated

“You wouldn’t” Hamish narrowed his eyes

“I would, now don’t we have a dinner to get to?”

Kendal laughed at Hamish’s furious expression “Do you want to take your car Ollie?”

I nodded, I hadn’t had the chance to drive it yet “heck yeah”

“Good, dad wouldn’t let me drive it either” he muttered under his breath

I laughed, choosing to ignore the fact that I had a meltdown not hours ago

When we were down in the garage I thought of something “How come I never knew I had three brothers?”

Kendal laughed “You have a few more than three brothers”

I felt a bit dumb struck, all my life I thought I was an only child “How many then?”

He laughed “Six”