A New Friend

Please understand that all characters are made up. And sorry if the storyline is too slow...but hopefully you'll understand...😊
-----------------------------------------

"You lazy girl, get up and cook," yells Auntie May, as she beats me with a bamboo stick. I slowly get up and as soon as I do, she leaves my room. I go straight to the kitchen to cook her breakfast.
When I finish setting the table Auntie May comes in, yelling, "Why are you still here. I don't send you to school, so that you can be late. Go! Now!"
I run up the stairs to my room and change as quick as I could.
I owed a lot to my Auntie May, even though she beats me. I'll always remember that if she didn't take me in, I wouldn't be where I am today. I would have died on the streets at the age of three.
I run to the bus and made it just in time. I get in and take a seat. As soon as the bus got to my stop, I got off and ran to the gate just before it closed, but I ran into someone in the process, and all my books fell onto the floor.
        "Oh...I'm so sorry," I mumbled as I tried to collect my things, but no one replies instead I hear nothing at all. I look up and saw that it was the most popular guy in school, Meng Lee.
       Man...what is happening today? I mean...first I got Auntie May is so mad, then I almost missed school, and now I knock into the most popular guy in school. Today is definitely not my day.
        Before I could say anything Meng gets up and walks away without looking back. I slowly get up, but before I could stand up I was pushed back down.  I turn back and see the most popular girl in our grade, Ya-mee Park.
Great...now what?
        "Hey Bastard, next time Meng or his friends walk by...MOVE! Got it?" she says.
I nod my head and hope that she would leave soon. I had to go to the library and get a new book and I needed to print out my homework too. As soon as I nod my head Ya-mee and her friends left and went after Meng and his friends. I got up and ran to the library to print out my paper that was due.
        I went to English class and sat down when the teacher came in and announced, "Class today we have a new student."
We all turned toward the front and waited for the teacher to continue. Then the door open and a girl walked in she reminded me of someone, it just wasn't coming to me.
        She walks in and stood next to the teacher and says, "Hi...my name is Athena Lee. It is nice to meet you all."
Mr. Wu told Athena to sit in any seat that was open.  She chose the one next to mine.  As the class went by the other students got louder,  because they didn't finish their papers and tries to talk Mr. Wu into changing the due date, but he told us that we were already going to have a new paper due in a couple of weeks about our favorite book.  That got everyone in a very bad mood, as soon as the bell rang:
~Bring Bring~
Everyone got up and leaves the room. As I was leaving I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turn to see that it was the new girl.
        "Hi...my name is Athena Lee. Who are you? All I hear is that you're called Bastard. Is that your name?" she asks.
        "No...it's just that I don't have a father and they saw that my eyes are blue so they call me Bastard. My name is Sen-Chi Song," I explain.
        "Do you want to be my friend?" she asks.
I simply nod.

-------------------------------------------
So...how was the first chapter? Too slow?, not catching you're attention? Don't worry it gets better, hopefully you'll like the next chapter better. 😊