Old Acquaintances

Hello again...just a warning this will be a long chapter, over 1000 words. Please bear with me...😊
---------------------------------------------

        I woke up to see that I'm in a small room. It was dark. I tried to sit up when a sharp shot of pain course through my body. I took a slow breath and it seems to ease my pain, even if it was only slightly. I took a good look around and notice that there was an IV in my arm.
I look at the clock and see it say 7:30Pm.
        "Damn," I muttered. I slowly get up and take the IV out of my arm and grab my cloths that were in the drawer next to the bed. I change clothes and man was it painful.
         Oh...man...Auntie May is going to kill me, when I get home, not only for getting home late, but also for the hospital bill. Man...Can it get any worse today?
          I walk out of my room ignoring my pain. And I went to the elevator and press the down button, and wait. While I was waiting a nurse screams that the patient from room 513 is missing. Some of the nurses left the desk and looked around, then the elevator door opens and I bow my head down and try to go inside but there is a group of people in my way.
        I mumble, "Excuse me."
But for some odd reason they didn't move.
Maybe they didn't hear me.
So I repeat myself a little louder, "Excuse me, please."

Still they didn't get out of my way instead they advance toward me, making me move back a couple of step. I got inpatient and try to walk around them but they just shift to block my way. I look up to see Meng, Ena, Peng, Lue, Min, and Dong.
        "Damn...can't I get a break today?" I mumble.
Meng grabs my upper arm gently, but firmly, and drags me toward my room.
        "She's over here. Didn't I tell you to keep an eye on her?" he demands from the top nurse.
She nods her head, I could see her body was shaking with fear and her eyes were focus on her shoes.
        "Get me the doctor," Meng demands.
      At that she scurries away and he picks me up and carries me back to my room. He sets me on the bed. I notice that Peng, Lue, Min and Dong stood by the door as if they were guarding it.
        "Hey...you may be popular at school, and be Ena's brother, but that doesn't' give you the right to hold me here...without my permission. I have to go home and there is no way you're going to stop me," I yell at him, after saying that to him. I try to catch my breath.
Man...this isn't good at all,  it hard hurts so much just to breathe.
        "Really?" he says, while looking at me in an amusing expression.
        I nod my head since I knew it would hurt more if I spoke.
        "Well...I for one know you're not going anywhere because one you're in a hospital that is under my family's control. Two you have one broken and four cracked rib. Three any doctor in the world wouldn't let you walk out of a hospital not after you knocked your head when you fell. They would probably want you to stay over-night to make sure you don't have a concussion," he replies with a cocky attitude.
        "Whatever...if I want to go home and have someone to watch me through the night they would let me go home...so...ha," I told him in the same cocky attitude he gave me.
Before he could say anything there was a noise at the door, we both turn to the door and see the doctor walks in, and say, "Excuse me Mr. Lee...but I must check on the patient," then turns to me asking, "How are you doing miss?"
        I reply to her, "I'm fine...I just need to...take deep breathes. Do you...mind if I...go home?"
        She nods, says, "Okay...why don't I check how your head and ribs are first."
        I nod...before she could check I spoke up by saying, "Wait..."
        She stops and looks at me with question in her face. I look pointy to Meng and his friends; even through the only one looking was Meng, while Peng, Lue, Min and Dong were looking at their feet.
       She turns around to sees them and says sternly, "Excuse me, but...I need you guys to leave the room."
        Nodding their heads in agreement except for Meng, they had to forcible pull and push him out of the room. Ena went to close the door after they left, then sat in one of the chairs by the bed.  As the doctor checks me, I sat there thinking of what Auntie May would do if she found out. Just as I was thinking that I hear screaming and yelling outside the door and then suddenly the door slams open:
~Smash~
I look up and it's Aunty May.
        "Auntie May," I whisper.
She looks furious.
I know for sure that I was in for it now.
She walks over to me, her body shaking with angry. When she reaches me, she slaps me so hard that I was knocks me onto my back.
        "Why the hell did you hit her?" screams Ena, as she got up from the chair she was sitting in.
She looks distress, I don't know why.I mean I always go hit by Auntie May. It was normal wasn't it?
        "Step away from Sen-Chi," I heard coming from behind Auntie May, in the coldest voice I ever have ever heard before.
We all turn to see Meng coming in and looking mad as hell. I could see that even Auntie May was afraid, because she took couple of steps back.
        Ena ran to her brother and hug him and says, "Meng...get her away from Chi. She's hit her."
        "Don't worry Athena...I won't let anyone hurt her," he told Ena even though his eyes were looking straight Auntie May.
The room was quiet and no one moves. Suddenly we hear a cough coming for the door. We turn and look and see a slightly older couple standing in the door way.
        "Mommy...Pa...pa...," squeals Ena, as she leaves Meng and goes to them.
I guess that was Ena and Meng's parents...wow they're younger than I thought they were. Wonder why they're here?
        Finally Auntie May spoke up, "Ah...look at who's here, Mr. and Mrs. Lee, an old friend of our dear Sen-chi's mother."
That caught my attention right away. I turn to look at my Auntie May and asks, "What did you say Auntie?"
        "You heard me...these two people here are your mother's old high school friends," she said again with hatred.
         I didn't understand why she had such harsh feelings whenever she spoke of my mother. She seems to really hate her, that was why I never talked about my mother when Auntie May was around. I made that mistake once and was beaten for the first time in my life. After that I learned not to ask about my mom.
        I turn to them and bow my head as a sign of respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...how was it? What's going to happen next? Thank you for continuing to read my story.