Sweet nightmares [Part II]

Before you start reading I wanted to apologize for the wait, for this chapter I wrote something I never wrote before so It took me sometimes. Anyway I wanted to say something else but I can't without saying spoilers for this chapter so PLEASE check out the author note at the end of the story.

WARNING: Mature Content.

But one day this habit was broken.

Bellamy and a team of guards went into the forest for the day for their weekly hunting party. Like every week, they left at first light and came back before sunset.

But today was different; Clarke ended her shift in the med bay and went outside waiting with Kane for the team to return. But a minute turning into an hour, Clarke knew something was wrong.

"They're still not back? Why aren't they back?" Monty asked as he joined the two not far away from the gate of Arkadia. The same gate where she left them to their grief a few months ago.

"I don't know. But there is nothing we can do. We need to wait." Kane answered clearly upset with the situation.

"No, we need to send a track team to search for them." Clarke stated.

"Clarke, we can't do that." Kane answered.

"You're seriously going to let them all by themselves? They could be hurt!" Clarke exclaimed.

"The night is going to fall, we won't see anything. It's too dangerous. We can't risk any more lives. I'm sure they're going to be back very soon." He responded.

Clarke knew he was right but the thought of Bellamy hurt was frightening.

So that night, she ate with Raven, Monty and Jasper. Raven was talking about designing a radio to play the CD's they found last week in a abandoned car during their hunting party. Clarke was in a bad mood, everyone was telling her it was nothing, that they probably were too tired and stopped to spend the night outside and to return in the morning.

Clarke tried to convince herself that it was likely what happened but when there was no sign of them the following day, everyone started to get worried. They decided to sent a search team in the evening.

In the third day, the search team came back empty handed.

______________________

It was the middle of the afternoon, the sun was beating hard on the residents of Arkadia.

Clarke was inside, tending to a guy hand who cut himself while helping in strengthen the walls of Arkadia. Her mom was by her side cleaning as she bandaged the wound on the men's right hand.

"Be more careful next time." Abby smiled at the wounded guy once Clarke was done.

"Okay, doc." He said thanking her and leaving the room.

Abby glanced at her daughter for the twentieth times in the last five minutes.

Clarke sighed feeling her mother's gaze on her.

"What?" She asked turning to look at her mom properly.

"Are you alright? I know this situation is hard for you." She asked with a small smile.

Clarke sat on the chair where the boy was earlier, looking down.

"I don't know. I don't know If I'm okay. I don't know if he's okay, I know nothing. It scares me."

"You two seems to rely a lot on each other. From what I heard it was hard in the beginning." Her mother remarked.

"I hated him, when we landed here. He was arrogant, selfish and dangerous." Clarke answered.