Chapter Two

I had to hold back a groan as the girl standing right next to me introduced herself to the class, my class. She did it with such an air that told me she'd done it plenty of times before and reveled in the attention.

Little attention seeker she was. The too small red dress she wore said it all, it screamed it at me from a mile away. She was definitely the type of girl I tried to avoid as much as possible during daytime.

At night... Maybe if I was very desperate for a meal, but even then I didn't like her scent very much. Too many chemicals from the parfume sprayed on her skin and the soaps and creams she'd used...

Currently she was smiling flirtatiously at me every other word while still managing to wrap every single male in the classroom around her little finger. Except me of course.

She was skilled, I had to give her that but that didn't mean I liked her and definitely not that I was impressed. She probably had a tiny bit of Siren blood in her somewhere. The heritage unknown to her but she deftly took advantage of it.

A knock on the door made me smile, finally an excuse to get that Eliza away from me.

'Come in!' I called, groaning internally when I heard the girl population in my class sigh collectively at my words. Damned accent! I should have just gone for the American accent even though I hated it with a passion.

The door opened and someone stepped into the room, I couldn't see who, seated on the edge of my desk behind Eliza as I was, but a delicious scent assaulted my nostrils.

Eliza stiffened and I was sure she was glaring at whoever it was, her shoulders tensed, like an angry cat.

'Why don't you sit down Eliza?' I said smoothly, gesturing towards a seat as I spoke. Eliza whirled around to me, her blue eyes sparkling, a pout on her full lips. I suspected she thought it looked seductive but it didn't do anything for me.

Disappointment flew across her features but she masked it quickly, sauntering to a chair in the front, swaying with her hips in such away that I briefly wondered how she managed to walk at all. It just didn't look natural to me, still, the boys in the room seemed to like it, all eyes glued to her.

I turned to face the newcomer and then wished that I didn't. I must have looked like a fool, my mouth falling open just so I could taste her scent better. It was her that I'd smelled before, so delicious that it was almost mouthwatering.

Except that the thought alone of biting her for food felt repulsive. A different kind of delicious... She was small but her legs were long and clad in very snug black jeans, small feet encased in black, worn looking all stars.

She wore a black sleeveless shirt and a silver necklace but I couldn't see what exactly, she had her arms crossed in front of her. Clutching books to her chest as if she thought she could hide behind them.

Her skin was golden, like the sun itself was captured behind it. She seemed to almost glow with it and I felt such a strong urge to reach out and touch her. To run my hand across that perfect skin, to make her moan my name. I had to clutch the desk tightly to keep myself from actually doing so.