Chapter Twenty-Nine

Heya my loves,

Sorry the new update is a little late but I had such a hard time deciding what to edit and what not. I'm still not sure. ;)

Hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter and really don't hesitate to give me feedback.

Vote and comment!

Love,

Robin

------------------------------------------

Nathaniel didn't say a word to me as he signaled me to follow him, striding out of the room on his long legs. I had to run to catch up to him and as I did my muscles protested loudly... I was at least three times more tired than I was yesterday, but it was mostly physical exhaustion this time. My mind still felt clear.

Nathaniel stalked through the house as if a thunder cloud hung above him and he glared at Elliot when we met him in the hall. I shrugged apologetically at the witch before hurrying after my Mate.

As I stepped into our bedroom Nathaniel used his powers to slam the door shut. The sound echoed around the house loudly and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

'Stop that Nathaniel! You don't go around intimidating me! Can't you be happy that I finally did it?' I exclaimed feeling some of my earlier anger resurface as well.

He turned around to face me with those completely black eyes, his fists clenched at his sides. I think he let his gaze drift over my body for a short moment, taking in my disheveled state and sweaty appearance.

I was pretty sure my shoulders were slumped because my arms just felt so bloody heavy... Plus my hair around my face was in complete disarray.

Opposed to that, he looked ready to go to a fancy five star restaurant, dressed in elegant black slacks and a crisp white shirt. His hair for once not hanging across his forehead as if he'd just walked through the wind.

I was still standing at the door and he approached me like a predator stalks its prey. His gait slow and easy yet oozing danger and maleness.

I swallowed when he was almost right in front of me, my heart kicking into overdrive as my instincts told me to run hard and fast. He was doing the power thing again, the currents around him so strong that they were trying to push me to my knees even as they pressed me up against the door.

'Oh I'm glad you managed it Amelia, it makes me feel much better knowing that you can piss of a 56 ton weighing Dragon!' he growled, boxing me in against the door, his lower body pressing against me as he leaned his elbows against the door beside my head.

'What is it with you and making men lose control of themselves?' he said next, the question rhetorical because he continued: 'Do you have a death wish or something?'

Another growl erupted from him before he suddenly switched off the power show and turned around. Running his hands through his hair roughly as if he was utterly frustrated with me, he stalked away again and disappeared into the bathroom.

Shocked by what had just happened I stared after him. Did he really feel like I was a burden he had to protect all the time? Was that why he was so frustrated? Why did my body respond in fear of him now and not when Lysander in his dragon from nearly swiped me with his huge claw?

I slid down the door to pull my knees up against my chest, wrapping my arms around them. A heavy feeling on my chest and a constricting in my throat warned me that I was about to cry... What was wrong with me anyway? I just totally stabbed a stranger for no reason other than practice and that he 'pissed' me off!

The fact that he acted all high and mighty shouldn't be enough to make me react that way? Oh no! Was this my Demon blood acting out? Was it?

'A ghrá mo chroí,' Nathaniel's voice penetrated my hazy thoughts, 'Come here Ams.' He was kneeling in front of me and easily gathered me in his arms, tugging me against his chest as he lifted me off the floor.