The National Poetry Cup

HEYY! I have been asked to have some longer poetry competitions! So here it is The National Poetry Cup or TNPC. NOTE THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED NOW BUT THERE IS A SECOND ONE, WHICH HAS MANY SPACES OPEN, SO PLEASE REGISTER THERE, FOR THE RULES ARE THE SAME :)

How it works:

This competition will last eight weeks, but you will only write at the most 4 pieces, and at least 1. Once I get 16 people who are willing to join they all write a piece and I will put it in a reading list. Then they will randomly be faced off against another poet. Whichever poet gets the most points that week moves on, and the other one is sadly eliminated.

Points:

Every vote you get for that poem results in a point, plus I can give you up to 10 points.

How will the weeks work:

Once I get 16 poets you will have one week to write a poem.

Week 2 is a voting week, so no poems need to be written, by the end of the week winners will be announced and new match ups will start.

Week 3 writing week; 8 people are still in

Week 4 voting week, no poems will be written by the end of the week four winners will be announced and new match ups.

Week 5 writing week, 4 people left

Week 6 voting week,by the end of the week we will find the winners which will face off for first, and the losers remains in so they can face off for 3rd.

Week 7 writing week.

Week 8 voting week, by the end Winners will be announced.

How to enter

Private message me on this account.

You don't need to have poetry experience, but don't be a sore loser.

All I need to know for you to enter is you username or something I can call you, age, and your country.

Prizes

1st
Name in my book
Dedication
Follow from both accounts
Read, vote and comment on all works
And a shout out

2nd
Name in book
Follow from my main account
One vote and comment
Shout out

3rd
Name in book
One follow
Shout out

Extra stuff

If deadline is failed to be met, it will result in your opponent winning that round. People may vote for all poems competing. If it results in a tie I will have the final say.

The poetry can be any type, but one page limit.

The poetry can be on any subject, unless specified for that week. just please give me the title of the poem by the due date. The poem CAN NOT be published before the due date, or none of the votes will count.

If you have any questions feel free to private message me!

I am so excited!!

*there will be a contest just like this for short stories afterwards so no worries*

I also recommend following so you don't miss any due dates or new match ups

Good luck!!