Chapter 2

One hour later:

Kane lays by Abby side. The room is silent and there is no one but them in medical. This can't be the end..... after what we've done, after what weve been through, don't quit on me Abby. He thinks to his self as he cradles her in his arms. The silent is unbearable. He can't stand how she isn't moving, isn't trying to go help with something. It just isn't normal, although what is, on earth everything is different, everything is horrible and amazing. This can't be the end of the world, his world. While she's like this he moves around medical looking lifeless.

-flashback 3 weeks ago-

Kane walks into the other end of medical and sees Jackson tending to another patient. Kane shoulders are low and his head is down. He can't just sit back and let her die on her own. "Jackson do you have any kind of pain relief that I could give her?" Jackson turns after Kane asks. "Yeah, here." Jackson hands it to Kane and Kane walks back to Abby. She wasn't moving other than her chest moving up and down, which relieves him.

-flashback over-

She's so peaceful, to be someone who has pneumonia. He moves over and lays his head on her heart. "Abby, I love you!" Kane tells her in a whisper voice.He can here her heart going thump, thump . He feels tears form. Your all I have left all I have that I would even want to be alive for. Please wake up. Kane says to his self. I love you.

He raises his head. The tears fall from his eyes. He hasn't cried since his mother died. But this was much worse , this was Abby.He sits up and cups her cheek in his hand, and rubs it with his thumb. "Dont die!" He cries out where only Abby could hear.

Then it happened, the machine beeped . He looked over in Jackson's direction. "JACKSON!" Kane yelled. Jackson looked back and saw Kane staring at the monitor. He runs over and pushes a few buttons. The machine make a long beep and the monitor had a red line flash across it. "NOOOOO!" Kane yells. He puts his forehead on her chest and crys out. "ABBY! Not!"

Jackson begins to sob and walks away and tips over a desk. Kane grabs Abby hand and squeezes. "I love you Abby!" He yells to her. He lays his head back on her chest to check for a heartbeat...... and hears nothing. She's gone, she's dead. He says to his self. "Why!!!" Kane yells kissing her forehead. He sits up and moves her bands away from her face. "I love you!" He tells her again.

A shock wave goes through his body. I won't let her die! I can't!. He tells him self. He stands to his feet and begins CPR. As he presses on her chest between each press he says," COME back!" He presses harder.

He finally stops and lays his head on her chest checking for a beat. He hears something. Thump, thump,thump ,thump. "Jackson!" Kane yells. He looks at her face for a few seconds. She starts to breathe and she opens her eyes. "ABBY!" Kane says with a smile. She smiles," Marcus!" She whispers. He grabs her hand and smiles. "Your alive." He whimpers. She slowly sits up and he helps her. "I love you Abby! And I know you don't feel the same way and I didn't realize until now! I love you." He smiles. She smiles,"I love you too!" He smiles and grabs her neck. And crashes his lips on her. She's alive! He thinks while kissing her. She grabs his hand and they pull away. "Never leave me!" She says. He smiles.

"Never!"