Bullet

May

I scream and fall to the ground to Emmi. Nick falls dead to the ground and starts bleeding. Emmi is surrounded by blood.

"EMMI!" I scream, shaking her. Ambulances arrive a minute or two later. There's a million things going on. A lady checks me over. I watch Emmi being worked on and hurried away. I start bawling. And than I remember.

Roy

Crap! I forgot about Roy. I rush to a police officer.
"Sir I need my sister to be picked up!" I say.

"Whats her name?"He asks calmly.

"Reagen." I say quickly. Wondering why we have different names? I'll get to that later.

"What school? Forest Pine Elementary school." He nods.

"Come with me young lady and we will pick her up in the cop car." He says. I nod and rush out with the him.

¤shay¤

I sit at my desk staring at a picture of Emmi.

Her long blonde nicely done with a flower crown. She has a wide smile, standing on that stage. Her ballet outfit looking so beautiful on her. I miss her. It's been almost a year.

I stand up and push away from my desk. I head to my room amd find Colette watching the TV. I sigh and lay down next to her.

"Thinking about our little girl?" She asks me. I nod. Colette kisses me cheek amd moves next to me. "I'm worried Shay. So, so, so worried. She can't survive for a year like that." Colette says. I nod.

"Let's just take a deep breath. She's thirteen! Our girl is thirteen! I can't belive it. She's a teen." I say. Colette cries into my chest.

"I miss her Shay! What if she's--"

"No Colette. Don't say that." I say, hugging her tightly. She nods and sniffles. Emmi is a very smart girl she can do it." I say.

"Let's just rest before the kids get home." She suggests. I nod.

☆☆☆

I wake up to the sound of my ring tone. I get up and reach for my iPhone.

Pocatello Police

I gasp and show Colette. She looks at me with hopeful eyes. Will our girl be coming home? I swipe answer.

"Is this Shay Butler?" Some asks.

"Yes sir."

"We have some good and bad new sir." My heart beats wildly. I hit speaker.

"Is it about my daughter, Emmi Butler?" I ask nervously.

"Yes. Emmi has been found and is in safe hands. Unfortunately, she isn't just in safe hands." I hold Colette's hand tightly.

"Whats wrong with her?" I ask.

"Emmi was stached from the street and taken captive. She lived in horrible conditions, sleeping minimal hours and from the looks of her shape, had been abused and worked hard. Probably not enough nutrients so became very underweight and weak. As she escaped to a girl she knew, she was. She was. Um..." The officer pauses.

"Please tell me what's wrong with her!" I plead, expecting the worse.

"She was shot in the stomach. Your daughter was transfered very, very quickly to the hospital and is being worked on." He says quickly. I burst into tears. Colette sobs.

"Where is she?" I ask, crying.

"Well, surprisingly she has Ben staying in Sundill, Montana. All I ask is you wait. Once she is out of surgery she will be transferred to Idaho via helicopter." I choke out a sob.

"Okay. Okay." He gives me a little more info and I hang up and sob.

"She's been shot!" Colette crys out. I hug her.

"All we can do is hope."

"That bullet will not kill my daughter"