Chapter 13

Disclaimer: You caught me. I'm actually Athena and I secretly ship my daughter with that Poseidon kid. *eye roll*
Song: Va Va Voom
-
Annabeth POV
-
The day passed quite quickly. When you're with someone you enjoy being around, time seems to pass faster. And today went by in the blink of an eye.
Before I knew it, the sun was once again setting, but I wasn't at home. Percy and I had gone for dinner, and Piper, Jason, Thalia, Nico, Leo, Calypso, Hazel, Frank, and Rachel.
We were at our favorite restaurant, the Cheesecake Factory. I know, it doesn't sound too fancy, but that's the point.
The eleven of us had taken up the largest tables there. I'd invited everyone out, mainly to tell them two important things. Well, Percy knew both, as they involved him.
"So, guys, it's great to see us all together again," I began.
"Awesome, right?" Leo exclaimed.
I laughed. "Still ADHD, I assume."
"Extremely!"
"Well, Percy and I have two important pieces of news," I take a deep breath.
"Oh my gods, Annabeth, if you're pregnant, I'll shove this fork through your skull," Rachel stated, shaking her head.
"What? No!" I denied even the very possibility.
"Oh, come on, Annabeth, I saw you two sleeping together last night!" Thalia exclaimed.
"Sleeping! Do you not understand that concept? Sleep! Not silent make out sessions!" I sighed. "And that brings us to the first thing I need to tell you."
"We," Percy interjected. "We need to tell you."
"Holy crap, Annabeth, don't tell me you actually are pregnant and you lied!" Hazel shook her head.
"No! What we have to tell you is.. We're back together," I declared.
"Called it!" Rachel exclaimed. "Leo, Calypso, Jason, Nico, Hazel, you guys owe me!"
I rolled my eyes. "Okay, and I'm going to ignore the fact that you guys bet on us and continue with the news."
"We got nominated for artist of the year, duet of the year, album of the year, song of the year, celebrity couple of the year, and music video of the year!" Percy announced.
"But you guys don't have music videos out yet," Piper noticed.
"Somehow we were nominated! That means we have to make a freakin awesome video for our new duet," I explained. "I mean, the awards are in a few months, we have time."
"That's true. But hey, great job, guys!" Hazel congratulated us, as did the rest of our friends.
The restaurant suddenly silenced. Through the speakers, the radio was on, playing the latest hits.
"Here's a song requested by Cali Valdez! Airplanes, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase's famous duet!"
Our duet came through the speakers, loud and clear, just as I realized who'd requested it.
I shifted my glance to Calypso, who went by Cali in the mortal world.
"Cali VALDEZ? When did that happen?" I inquired.
"Well, I don't really have a last name, and it's going to be mine soon anyway." Calypso put her left hand on the center of the table, revealing a celestial bronze ring encrusted with rubies.
As all of us girls marveled over the beauty of the ring, Calypso explained,"Leo made this for me. Celestial bronze, what he found when he came to my island for the first time, and rubies, symbolizing the month we met."
"That's amazing!" Hazel gasped. "Frank, have Leo teach you how to make one like that!"
"Wait!" I exclaimed, pausing all noise. "Listen to this!"
The song on the radio ended, but the announcer spoke once more. "And now, here's THE latest song, created by rising pop artist Hannah LaRose. Who heard of her breakup with her fiancé, Percy Jackson? Well, these songs aren't gonna be happy, romance songs, I can tell you that. Give it up for Va Va Voom by Hannah LaRose!"
I groaned. "Gods, not this girl again!"
Hannah's voice came through the speakers, making me wince.
"Just met a boy, just met a boy when
He could come inside of my play pen
'Cause he look like a superstar in the making
So I think that I'm going in for the taking
Hear through the grape vine that he caking
W-w-we could shoot a movie, he could do the taping
B-b-boom, boom pow, this thing be shaking
I ain't even tryna find out who he dating
Cause I know he got a wife at home
But I need just one night alone
If he keep playing them kidding games
I'm a run away aye, I'm a run away aye aye..."
"Ugh," Piper muttered. "Even her songs are slutty."
"Agreed!" I exclaimed. "We should go, before this gets worse."
The eleven of us departed from the restaurant, but before we left, I held Piper and Jason back.
"Do you two want to move in with Thalia, Nico, and I? We have plenty of room, and you don't have to pay at all," I offered. "Really, having two more people would be much better, if you'd like."
Piper glanced at Jason, who said, "Sure, we'd love to! Just one thing. Is Percy going to have the apartment to himself?"
"No way! I'm asking him to move in too."
"Perfect!" Piper exclaimed.
The two of them left to pack their apartment. I took a deep breath, then ran up to Percy.
"Hey, Seaweed Brain," I greeted him.
"Hey, Wise Girl," He wrapped his arm around me.
"I was wondering," I began. "Would you want to move in with me? I mean, I asked Piper and Jason to move in as well, there's so much space!"
Gods, I hate when I'm nervous. I ramble about random stuff when I'm nervous.
"Sure," Percy kissed my cheek. "I'd love to."
Hand in hand, we walked off into the sunset, off to Percy's car to get his things from the apartment.