Chapter 30 - "Whoa you look like a cat that just realised it ate its own shit"

“Ms Talford, I won’t ask you again, how long was Niall left in that bed back at the hotel on his own,” I was in trouble, like major shit. I had left Niall alone whilst the rest of us went to interviews. I had screwed up, if Niall hadn’t been left there, he wouldn’t have nearly died. “I – I don’t know!” I stammered. The tribunal had officially begun a few days ago, but it was only today that I was being called in for questioning. Tomorrow we were heading back to America for the VMAs.

The woman questioning me was intimidating, like I felt two feet tall in comparison to her, she wasn’t tall, she was fierce. Her name was Joanne and she was leading the investigation into Doctor Brown. She looked down her nose at me and scribbled something in the notebook that was positioned in front of her.

I didn’t even dare to try and see what she was writing. “It says here in the reports that you have dirty blood, and that you couldn’t help Niall, can you explain that to me,” she said and looked up from the pages she held in her left hand. I took a deep breath and told her about my high creatine levels and how I did in the end try the cleanser machine.

“So let me get this straight. You jeopardised your well-being to try and help Niall, even though you knew very well that the chances of success were very slim?”

“I had to do something,” I answered picking at the chipped nail varnish on my nails. “That is all for today. Thank you for your time June,” she told me. I automatically relaxed, “I believe you are accompanying One Direction to America,” she commented. “Well I am their stylist,” I answered as I rose from my chair.

“Hmm,” she mused as she got her papers into order. I couldn’t stand this woman already and I had only been in that room with her for an hour and a half. Holy shit I was there for an hour and a half! I widened my eyes as my brain registered that fact. “Whoa you look like a cat that just realised it ate its own shit,” Anna’s voice rang out through the main foyer of Modest HQ.

“How did they leave street scum like you in here?” I asked back not even missing a beat. “I came down the chimney, hoho,” she joked. “Well I’m glad you know what you are hoe,”

“Nice one! Well done on that one, I will most certainly be using that one in the future,” Anna said as she finally stopped in front of me and threw her arms around me.

“No seriously though, how did you even know I was here,”

“Louis told me,” she answered as she let me go, “When were you talking to Louis?”

“You left your phone at home,” she answered and gave me my pink covered iPhone. “Shit,” I cursed and unlocked it, I had 3 missed called, and 12 texts. “Who that fuck texts me twelve times?” I asked allowed, but put my phone in my pocket without checking.

“What times your flight tomorrow?” Anna asked as we made our way towards the doors of Modest HQ. “Midday,” I grinned. “Whoa, who did you have to fuck to get a late flight?”

“Everyone,” I answered as the automatic door slid open for us to walk through. “I’m not even surprised, you packed?” she asked we stopped outside. “Want a fag?” she asked zipping open the bag that was hanging from her shoulder.

“Nah I’m fine. Well I didn’t really unpack, we’ve been so busy since we got back here, and it was only a week ago!” I said leaning up against the railing as Anna lit up her cigarette. “You happy to be leaving? Heard those tribunals are intense,” she commented and then took a pull of the fag. I looked at her questioningly, she shrugged, “Louis said it.” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“Yeah they’re intense to say the least, like just there I full on felt as if I was the one being investigated,” I explained. She nodded, “So you’ll be at the VMAs?” she asked with a massive grin. I nodded, “I’m beyond jealous of you right now,” she told me. “It’s really not as easy as it seems,” I told her. “Don’t I know it, after hearing all the shit ye went through with Niall, I do not envy you.”