Chapter 44 - "Unrequited... that's quite a big word for a drunk guy."

“June is that your phone ringing?” Sean asked me pointing to my phone which was currently lighting up like a Christmas tree. “Probably,” I said with a laugh. It was long past the time that we had all raised our pints to Arthur and right now the whole lot of us were severely drunk. Like right now I couldn’t see straight and the best thing about it was that I really didn’t care.

“Maybe I should answer it,” I said with a smile and picked up my phone, the caller ID was blurry with my beer goggles on. So I did my best to slide the dial. Surprisingly I had got it; “Hello?”

“June!”

“Louis?”

“Yeah it’s me, where are you? And is Niall with you? Everyone’s like freaking out,” he told me. I hiccupped. “Whoops,” I whispered, Niall looked at me questioning. “Yes Boo, Niall is with me. We’re with some of his friends from Ireland ‘cause it’s Arthur’s Day!” I explained.

“June… are you drunk?” Louis asked laughing. “I might be,” I said but then I hiccupped and pretty much blew it because Louis burst out laughing. “Right I think I know where ye are,”

“Louis! You can’t come here!” I said urgently. “Why?”

“You’ll bring security and we don’t want that we’re having soooooo much fun!” Louis laughed at me again.

“Ah its fine I’ll use the way that ye used,”

“Wait when did you two get home?” I asked. “The guy that Harry wanted to do his tattoo isn’t even at Santa Monica,” Louis told me, he sounded pissed off. “Oh I hope you left him there,” I said with a laugh. “Oh I wish, that guy’s like a lost puppy right now,” Louis laughed.

“We’re in O Neills, don’t come with security or I’m hitting you,” I told him and hung up. “Louis coming?” Niall asked draining the end of the pint he was drinking. “Yeah with no security,”

“Well obviously, he’s the one that found the fire escape,” he said laughing. “Really?” I asked a bit shocked. Niall nodded.

“I’ll go get another round, what does Louis drink?” Sean asked getting to his feet. “Whatever Niall’s having!” I said waving him off. I was trying to operate this stupid phone of mine. I thought that I had gotten an email from Alexander but I couldn’t open the damn thing. This is what I get for having such a high-tech bloody phone. It does so much that I have no idea about.

“You having trouble there love?” Jack asked looking at my phone. “Not anymore, I just give up on Apple products. Not worth the hassle,” I said with a smile. “So this Louis bloke…” he began. “Ah he’s a mess,” I said with a shrug. “Oh really? I don’t think I’ve met him,” Jack said inching his seat closer to mine; I could tell where he was going with this. So I decided to play along.

“Oh aren’t you lucky, he’s the worst out of the lot of them!” I said with a shrug. “Seriously? I always thought he was a top lad,”

“Meh, you could say that,” I said with another shrug. “Ah June Bug what are you whispering about over there?” Niall asked. “Why does he call you June Bug?” Jack asked. “Clearly because I look like a lady bug?” I said to him as if it was the most obvious thing on the world. “I’m going to go help Sean with the drinks,” I smiled and rose from my seat.

“Hey beautiful,”

“Hi Sean,” I said with a roll of my eyes. “Ouch my love is unrequited,” he said holding his chest as if he had been wounded. “Unrequited… that’s quite a big word for a drunk guy,” I told him with a smirk and picked up my drink and took a mouthful.