FOREWORD

Holy crap, here we are. My ultimate DOOM fan fiction. I thought it would be prudent to talk about a little bit beforehand, to clear up any confusion. When dealing with fan fiction, a lot of people have a lot of different ideas and it makes sense to me to tell you what you should be expecting.

This is a novelization of the DOOM universe. If you don't know what DOOM is, then...I guess just go to the next chapter and start reading, if you like sci-fi/action/horror stories.

What that means, specifically, however, is that this story will be using the original two DOOM games, DOOM & DOOM ][: Hell on Earth, as a foundation. It will be incorporating, to varying degrees, almost all other media related to Doom. Except for the movie. (There's two now, though! I still need to watch DOOM: Annihilation, I've heard it's not bad.) Oh, and the comic. That was just stupid.

But Final Doom, DOOM 64, Doom 3, the most recent DOOM and the DOOM RPGs, yeah, expect to see anything from major plot arcs to simple references in here.

To give you an idea of how big this is going to be, this series is likely to be the longest thing I've ever written. (So far, anyway.)

I really hope you all enjoy this, because I plan to have a lot of fun writing it.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I won't have a set schedule for updating this and I'm planning on taking long breaks in between episodes so that I won't get burned out.

Have fun and welcome to DOOM!