Kisses

Rylan and Andy walked along the corridor of Hogwarts' halls while discussing the new assignment for charms. 

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that." Andy asked and scratched the back of his neck. "Aparecium is used to reverse concealing charms, and can presumably render invisible ink visible. That's all you need to know." Rylan smiled at her friend as they sat down at a window seat.

"How can you remember things like that?" She shrugged her shoulders and took a bite out of her apple. "I can't even remember the password to our common room." Andy sighed and took the apple from her hands and took a big bite.

"Hey! Dude, get your own." Rylan chuckled and retook the apple, making Andy pout while rolling his eyes at her. 

Snape watched as the pair laugh at each other while sharing an apple. She looked so happy. Her smile was wide as Andy reached for the apple again but she pushed him away, causing him to fall from his seat. Her laugh echoed and it sounded like music in his ears. 

He continued walking along the hall but stopped once again when her laugh had ended. Curiously he turned around to see Andy's lips on hers. 

Quickly he turned around again, walking faster. He was right, she didn't care for him. She was only using him.

Rylan froze as she felt a pair of lips on hers. She backed away and eyed Andy. "I'm s..sorry, I just.. I had to know if it felt right." He said and looked around confusedly. 

It was that moment Rylan realized that the only persons lips she wanted on her own were the same man she had fallen for in the beginning of her year. She didn't want anyone else but him. She wanted the grumpy, older man that she called professor. 

"To kiss me?" He nodded but quickly decided against it and shook his head and looked her in the eye. "To kiss a girl."

Rylan placed an assuring hand on his arm and smiled kindly at him. "It's okay." Andy groaned and rolled his eyes. "No it's not. It's embarrassing."

"To like boys?" He nodded hesitantly and rested his head in his hands. "Andy, it's completely normal. I don't care if you like girls or boys. Hell, you could be attracted to a fricking chair and I wouldn't mind. You're my best friend, I love you no matter what." 

She hugged him close and didn't let him escape the embrace until she was sure he had calmed down. "I love you too Ry." They grinned at each other and walked hand in hand towards potions class. 

Severus saw their intertwined hands and frowned. Jealousy flooded through his veins as he started the lesson. In the back of his head he could feel the glances he was given from none other than Rylan. 

"Don't forget the assignment for tomorrow. I want them at 9 am sharp." Snape said with a strict voice and sat down at his desk. 

When he thought everyone had left her sighed and rested his head in his hands. 

"Professor? Are you okay?" He looked up to meet those familiar blue eyes. "Martinez class is over-"

"I know I just.. I had to ask you something." Her gaze fell on her hands as she continued, "Was it all fake? All of it?" 

"Yes." Severus' voice broke and all he could think of was how much he hated himself for not saying the truth. He wanted to scream for her that it was all real. Everything. 

The pain in Rylan's eyes couldn't be explained, she looked like she would fall apart there and then. She nodded and turned around to leave. "But now when you have Andy, why would that matter?" He asked curiously. 

"Andy and I are just friends." Snape snorted and laughed. "So now friends kiss each other?" Rylan tilted her head to the side. "You saw that?" When Snape made no move to show any emotions or reactions she smiled to herself.

"You're jealous," He looked away and avoided her gaze, "Admit it. You felt it. That night by the lake, you felt the same." 

"Don't be foolish!" Rylan walked back to his desk and made him look her in the eyes. "Tell me you didn't feel it. Tell me you didn't want to kiss me that night. Tell me that you never once cared about me." 

Snape looked her in the eyes and forgot all the reasons why he lied to her in the first place. Without a second thought he brought his lips to hers. Rylan immediately kissed back and wrapped her arms around his neck. Severus moaned into the kiss and pulled back for air. With their foreheads leaning against each other they eyed one another, savoring the moment.

"I can't," Rylan frowned and closed her eyes, thinking this was the last time they would ever be this close to each other, "I can't tell you those things, because I've always felt it, I've always cared."

Rylan smiled widely and kissed him again, more passionately then before. She felt safe again, like nothing could ever hurt her. 

Because now she had him. And he had her. 

.....

Song: Like I'm gonna lose you by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend