New Professor

Rylan smiled to herself as she made her way back to her dorm, the feeling of his kiss were still lingering on her lips. The way he made her feel was a whole new feeling for her. The butterflies in her stomach wasn't something she'd felt before.

Even though Snape wasn't the first she had kissed, he surely was the best kisser she'd kissed. She had done things she wished she hadn't. And her first kiss was definitely one of them. Rylan couldn't even remember half of it. And it wasn't because she'd been drunk or anything. She remembers kissing the boy, but not when or where. First kisses are overrated anyways, she thought.

She found it weird how she remembers almost everything Snape had told her but she can't remember her first kiss, or even what she had for breakfast.

First kisses aren't always perfect. But does that really matter once you've found someone who's every kiss is perfect. 

Rylan laid down in her bed and fell asleep, with a smile still tugging on her lips.

Meanwhile Snape was sitting at his desk, head in his hands. Why did he let himself do this? How could he have been so selfish? He's putting Rylan in danger, he couldn't do that to her. But yet he had. 

And he would never forgive himself for it. What if the dark lord would find out? He'd kill her in an instant. 

And he couldn't go through that again.

Rylan sat in shock as they announced that Hagrid was no longer teaching care of magical creatures and that there was a new teacher in defense against dark art. Dolores Umbridge. The woman walked inside the dining hall, all dressed in pink and with a wide smile. 

Rylan eyed Snape and raised an eyebrow. She was more fit to teach defense again dark art than Snape? This had to be some sort of joke. But when she saw the same reaction from Severus she knew it was for real. This woman was her new teacher. 

Her and Andy exchanged looks over the house tables. 'What the hell?"Andy mouthed and frowned. Rylan shrugged her shoulders and turned her focus to what was being said by the headmaster and her new teacher. 

"I can't bloody believe it!" Andy exclaimed as they walked to potions. "Me either. Poor Hagrid." Rylan said and frowned. 

"Poor Hagrid? Poor us, for having her as a teacher. I learned bloody nothing." He mentioned to their first class with Professor Umbridge yesterday. She had made them sit down and read and write. How are you suppose to learn how to defense yourself if you can't practice?

Rylan and Andy sat down at their usual seats and listened carefully to what Snape was teaching. Both of them were rather good in potions and worked well together as none of them tried taking charge and did everything together. 

"Miss Martinez. A word please." Severus asked as the class ended and Rylan nodded her head. "Yes?" She moved closer to where he was standing and waited for the rest of her classmates to leave the room. 

"We need to talk." His voice was stern but soft at the same time, "About us." 

"What about us? I thought we were good?" Rylan could feel how her heartbeat went from slow and steady to pounding in a second. 

One look into those blue eyes of hers and he knew he would do anything for her. Whatever she'd ask him for he'd give her. And it scared him to no end. Now he had something to lose. Everything is so much easier when you have everything to win and nothing to lose. But now he had so much to win, but even more to lose. 

"We are. But we need to discuss how we're going to handle this. We can't tell anyone." She nodded and smiled shyly, feeling relieved that he wasn't going to give up on them. 

"I haven't told anyone." She ensured him. Severus smiled and brushed away some hair from her face. Rylan looked up into his eyes and kissed him sweetly. Snape immediately kissed back, savoring the moment for as long as he could. God only knows when he'd have the opportunity to kiss her again. 

"I should go. Andy's probably waiting." She said and gave him a shy quick peck before leaving. Snape watched as she closed the door as she left and sighed as he sat down at his desk. He was willing to fight for her. Die for her. And somehow he knew she would do the same for him. 

But as the next meeting with the dark lord was nearing, he feared that Voldemort would find out the truth and take her away form him. Just like he did with Lily. 

......

Song: Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes