Chapter eight: No

Hinata's POV

A voice from our coach dragged our attention to him. I look over at Vúxta only to see her hiding behind Yamaguchi. I then walk over to him and whisper to him " What happened to her?"

He looks at me and says back
"She said he looks scary, and like someone she knows."

I look at the coach and he nods at me.

"Vúxta, it's okay he's our coach." I say to her.

She then walks over to coach and is suddenly back to her happy self.

"Hello! I'm Vúxta, nice to meet you!" She says.

N o

Practice is then started and Vúxta is in awe of the game during our practice match.

"Chance ball!" Daichi shouts.

I then run to Kageyama and quickly dart to the other side of the net as quickly as I can. Like usual the ball hits my palm and is slammed to the wooden planks.

"Nice Hinata!" I heard Daichi yell.

~

Practice is over and Kageyama and I start heading out of the gym and when we reach outside , Vúxta is already there.

"Hey Vúxta!" I shout jumping front the top step to the ground.

Vúxta then quickly runs over to us and grabs our hand.

"Don't say anything just follow me..." She tells us, dragging us.

We soon reach somewhere were only the moon is our source of light.

N o ,  S t o p.

"Something is off, different and I need to know if you can feel it too?" She tells us.

Kageyama and I both look at each other, and tell our answers through our eyes.

"Actually," Kageyama starts.

"Ever since I met you guys something has felt off, I've lost some sleep from it too." He tells us.

All I do is nod in agreement.

R u n

"Hinata, uh do you think he's noticed? That were gone?"

"Huh?" Kageyama says.

"Hinata has someone been following you?" He asked me.

I think of this for an amount of time and then say

"I don't think so."

A sudden shake in the bush got us moving. We all started running back to the gym.

But a few moments later Kageyama and I are alone. We stay hidden behind a tree, Kageyama's back to the tree while I'm in front.

S t o p

"Do you know where Vúxta is?"
Kageyama whispers to me.

"No, last place I saw her was behind me." I whisper back.

"Vúxta!" Someone shouts.

"Hinata! Shut up!" Kageyama whispers to me covering my mouth.

I remove his hand from my mouth and say...

"That wasn't me..."

Kageyama's face fills with terror and we again covers my mouth but doesn't say anything himself, his breath goes short and he goes still.

"Vúxta! There you are!" The man shouts.

We hear her struggle but it's no use.

"Damn you! I don't need you! " he shouts.

We hear the gasp from her and next was the most terrifying thing you could hear.

Chik

Click

"Go to hell, you demon..."

Bang

Echoes when past everything, hitting trees as if they were knives cutting. You could feel you heart stop as soon as the trigger was pulled.

We didn't hear anything after that, just the sound of leaves moving, air blowing, and the silent tears falling.

I turn around and face Kageyama, I grab a part of his jacket and fall to my knees. The tears flowing down my face burn as every breath ripped my lungs, it was a feeling I could never leave.

 The tears flowing down my face burn as every breath ripped my lungs, it was a feeling I could never leave

"The sound of gun shots and the smell of gunpowder will be that last thing I remember of....

Vúxta ~"

"Kageyama, that didn't happen right?" I ask him.

"I can't say yes to that." He tells me, standing up.

He leaves me for a few minutes and when he returns he's holding a frail, girl. The one with the pointed ears, the one who didn't do anything to deserve this. The one who was willing to help me, us....

"Kageyama ~" I cry

He sets her down in the long grass. Letting the grass cover the last part of her frowning face. And letting the last bit of the moon shine on her. The pain I'm feeling is much worse than ever and I pick up her lifeless body, and I give her the hug that I could never give to her before.

" T h a n k  Y o u"

I sit there for about ten more minutes crying to Kageyama.

I then feel something only my family has given me, it was a hug.

Kageyama kept me close to him, so close I could count every beat of his heart.

"Hinata, everything will be alright. She'll watch us." He tells me.

Vúxta : means night in Greek

And something I'm terrified of letting go....

~~~