Extras: Dad's Turn

A/N: Same families as the vacation series

Julie's POV

"Daddy!" I yell meeting his smiling eyes through all the people. 

"Jules wa-" calls Christen after me as I sprint out of the tunnel and up to the fence. The guard tries to stop me but I duck under his arm and launch myself up onto the chain length.

"Hi baby." says Daddy softly while carefully reaching over and holding my waist so I don't fall backwards. "How are you sweetie?"

I giggle, "Good." I reach up and mindlessly run my fingers over the stubble on his chin. "Does Mama know you're here?"

"No bug your Mama doesn't know." chuckles Daddy shaking his head side to side. "You know how she is about people coming to watch her."

"Mrs. Johnston we need you to come back ma'am." says a very deep voice from behind me. I sigh and roll my eyes making Dad chuckle. I feel a new set of hands on my waist before getting lifted off the fence and onto the ground. I get ushered back behind the curtain and promptly get pushed in line beside a skinny, freckle faced, redheaded girl with pigtail braids.

"Hi I'm Julie but my friends call me JJ." I say taking her hand. She beams up at me star struck. I mean what can I say? I am a World Cup champion. 

"I'm- My name's Caroline a-and my friends call me C." she mumbles with her cute crooked smile still plastered on her lips. I smile fondly at her and notice the number on her head band. It's fifteen. I wonder if she's a Pinoe fan or if that's just what she wears back home. It's a wide red fabric headband that says "#15 Striker" I notice the blonde girl with Alyssa in front of us has a similar one on. Hers reads "#7 Middy". They must be buddies. the curtain gets pulled back and we all get paraded in. Since we're in Houston I have to go down the line shaking hands before getting to my spot. When I get to Mama she shakes my hand but also pulls me in closer so she can peck my forehead. 

"I love you Jules. Good luck." whispers Mama keeping her mouth close to my ear so I can hear her. 

"You too Mama." My lips graze her jaw bone before shuffling along with the rest of my team. They do the opening stuff blah blah blah boring boring boring before we finally get set for kick off. 

-Final Whistle Blows-

"Moe!" I yell as she jumps into my arms for a hug. 

"JJ!" she screams back squeezing me tightly. Alyssa comes and wraps her arms around the two of us and then Christen jumps into our huddle. "Guys I can't breathe!" We all laugh and start to separate but Mama comes and squishes us all back together. "Carlos!" whines Morgan wiggling her way out. Mama smacks her on the back of her head making her audibly whince. We all let go of each other but Christen gets pulled away for a press interview. Mama picks me up and kisses my cheek making me giggle before setting me back on my feet. Christen gets pulled away for a press interview.

"Thanks for letting me get past you bubs." she smirks keeping her hand on my lower back. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her. The Dash beat us three to one, no Mama didn't hat trick, she scored once and Daly braced (A/N Yes I make "a hat trick" and "a brace" into verbs. You all will live I promise.) . Chrissy was our sole scorer. It was a beautiful goal with an amazing flick over her side into the top corner. "Get Chris and meet me at the back door. Don't go outside without me though. There will be a lot of fans and press outside so you need to wait. Got it?" 

"Got it Mama." I beam. She smiles and lets me go. We both go off in different directions. I wait for Press to finish with her interview before walking with her to our guest locker room. I get changed quick and throw my uniform in the big box that we put them in and then skip to Christen's locker to wait for her. She decided to take a shower here, disgusting, so I have to wait. She finally finishes and gets her stuff ready to go.