Extras: Fireworks

Mallory's POV

Uuuggghhhfff. This must be what death feels like. "Arghf." Uh oh. I drop back onto my knees in front of the toilet and puke my guts out for the fourth time in the last hour. I reach up with my right hand, keeping my left one latched to the rim, and flush. This is literal hell. My stomach is acting like it's Gabby Douglas going for the gold 2012 or John Cena trying to beat the crap out of the Rock at Wrestlemania. I sulk back against the bathtub and pout. This is terrible. "Christen!" I yell pitifully. I wait a few seconds and don't hear anything so I try again. "Chrissy!" I wait again but she still doesn't come. This is obnoxious. She's just on the other side of the door in bed so I know she should be able to hear me. "Chris!" I scream becoming very impatient. I see her shampoo bottle out of the corner of my eye so I stretch out and snatch it up. I hurl it at the door annoyed. 

"Mal what are you-" The door slides open and the look on Christen's face is priceless. "Babe what happened?" She carefully steps around the exploded shampoo and lifts me off the ground. I let myself relax in her arms and cling to her tightly. "Oh Mals you're burning up. Why didn't you tell me you didn't feel well?"

"I tried to. You were too busy talking on the phone." I mumble into her shoulder. She sighs while apologizing and then carries me out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. I came to visit her in Chicago by the way and from how this trip has gone so far I probably won't be coming back. She lays me down on the bed and starts to walk out of the room for something but I call her back, "Chrissy!" I whine reaching my arms out. She stops and looks at me so I make my famous puppy dog face.  She comes back and picks me back up. 

"I've got to go find the thermometer and get you some medicine from the kitchen. Are you going to make me carry you with me?" I nod my head and bury my face in her neck. "Anything for the princess." I smirk satisfied and hold on for the ride.

Christen's POV

Mallory Diane Pugh is the biggest baby on the planet. Mentally and physically. It's getting difficult to carry her all the time. I finally make it to the kitchen counter so I can set her down for a second. "No no no no." she whines balling her hands into fist and holding me in place. "Cuddles Chris."

"I've got to get your medicine first baby." I explain prying her fist open and jumping away. "We'll cuddle in just a second I promise." She continuess to whine and kick her feet against my brand new cabinets in protest but I do my best to ignore it. I rummage around in my medicine basket before finding what I'm looking for. I take the thermometer out from the drawer next to the stove. I rinse it off before very smoothly popping it in her mouth. Point Christen. She glares at me through her eyelashes and crosses her arms tightly over her chest to show her disgust.  For some reason she hates getting her temperature taken. The thing beeps so she very quickly spits it out. I catch it right before it hits the ground and shoot her a disapproving look. This child. I scan the numbers and see 99.9 which isn't too bad. "Good news Mal Pal." I say with lots of enthusiasm making her scowl. "You're not dying and we don't have to go to the hospital tonight." She looks at me unimpressed before throwing her arms around my neck and leaning on me. I grab the counter top for support and slowly pour her medicine being very careful not to spill any. "Mals." I call bumping her with my chest. She grunts. "Mallory you've got to take this." She unhurriedly sits up making me very impatient but I let it go because she' not feeling good. Once she swallows the icky liquid I carry her back to my room and lay down with her on the bed. 

"Chris my belly hurts." she moans rolling onto her back. "Make it stop Mama." My heart breaks at her desperate pleas for me to help her. I scoop her up into my lap and gently rock her back and forth trying to get her to relax. After twenty minutes of me trying and miserably failing to calm her down I decide to try something else. Despite her protest I lay her down and go to the kitchen alone to get her an ice pack. I then go with the ice pack back up to my room and into my bathroom to get her a cool wash cloth for her head. I set the ice on her tummy and put the rag where it goes before climbing in next to her and laying on my side facing her. I play with her hair as she slowly cries herself to sleep. I quietly slip out of bed and tiptoe into the bathroom to try and clean up some. I wonder what happened to her. She's was fine when we were out today. I step down on the bathroom floor and feel something cold and slimy. Please don't be throw up. Please don't be throw up. I look down and see that it's purple. Huh? My eyes land on my broken bottle of shampoo before flashing with anger. That kid threw my shampoo! Ugh Mallory! Why didn't I notice it the other three times I've walked in here? I take a towel out from under the sink and clean it up. I put the rest of the plastic in the trash. I then grab the Lysol from the closet and spray down the toilet and floor around it. I wipe off the countertop and sink too just to be safe. I put the cleaner back up before going back into the bedroom. I sneakily take my phone from my dresser and see that I have fifty seven text messages and six missed calls all from Red Star people. After reading the first few messages I see what the big problem was. Since it's the Fourth of July Mallory and I were supposed to go with everyone to see the fireworks downtown. Obviously those plans changed. I send a short message to JJ explaining what happened before putting my phone on silent and crawling back into bed. Mal's eyes crack open once I get settled.

"Hey pretty girl." I coo softly. She gets this weird look on her face. "What's the matter?" Her eyes widen and she covers her mouth fast. Oh gosh. I pull the blanket off. "Go Mal! Hurry!" She sprints into the bathroom with me right on her heels. I hold her hair back as she pretty much just dry heaves. I kneel down and rub her back comfortingly as she starts to lose her breath and sweat again. "Baby you've got to calm down. You're going to be just fine." She turns to me with tears streaming down her cheeks and falls into my arms. 

"Ma-ma-ma-ma." she croaks trying really really hard to talk. I hush her and softly bounce her in circles around my bedroom. She starts to calm down and just hiccup against my body as I rock her. The two of us fall silent in each others company. BOOM! BOOM! Crack! shimmer! shimmer! comes from outside making Mal's head perk up just a bit. I grab a blanket and her wash cloth before stepping out on to the balcony with her. I sit down in one of the lounge chairs with her on my chest. I throw the blanket over us and wipe down her face and neck with the rag to bring her temperature back down. KA-BOOM OM OM POP BOOM! I smile as I watch the colorful display over the tops of the buildings. POP POP Ba BOOM! boom boom ~sparkle~ BANG! The show goes on for half an hour more but Mal doesn't make it but ten minutes and she's fast asleep on my again. When the finale finishes I very very carefully stand up with her and take her back to bed. I lay down next to her and softly kiss her forehead.