Sneak Peak

This sneak peak is not edited so I apologize in advanced for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

I've always wondered what happens to flower when they die. I mean of course they're dead, but why do they always grow back in the same spot each year? Do they feel like we do? They are living things just like us so I've always wondered. It's a silly thing to wonder about, but these are the kind of questions that tend to pop into my mind when I'm out and about on my daily strolls.

Today was different from other days. For one, I didn't have my annoying parents riding up my ass and asking if I was alright with every step I took. I also did not have my trustworthy seeing eye dog, instead I had to use my untrustworthy seeing eye stick.

It didn't sit if there was a car coming, it didn't bark when something I could hurt myself on was in front of me. No, instead it only touched things a few inches in front of me. It was bothersome.

I sighed and lifted my face up towards the sun, letting the heat wash over down on my face.

I've always enjoyed the sun, it was the strongest color I could see.

Yes, Im blind but I can see the smallest hints of color. When I look at the grass I see the faintest shade of green. The same with water, expect it was blue of course. Green water was not good. But with the sun it was like a big circle of orange and yellow masking the darkness I always saw.

I walked slowly down the sidewalk, my walking stick extended out in front of me. When I felt it tap against the fire hydrant I always pass on my walks, I stopped before taking five careful steps forward until I felt the sidewalk dip down slightly. Ah, the dreaded crosswalk we meet again. I hated crossing streets, mainly because I'm slow and people always honk at me and two because cars are very dangerous. They can be silent killers, striking when you least except it.

I listen for signs of cars and after not hearing any for a few minutes I assumed that it was safe to start walking.

I loved days like these—my parents weren't with me, the sun was shining brightly, and so far I haven't tripped over anything. Yes, today was a fantastic day in my eye–

I lost my train of thought when a rough hand wrapped around my upper arm and yanked me back hard enough that I fell onto the concrete I had previously been walking on.

I gasped from the sudden fall, my elbows had taken most of the hit and I could feel them starting to sting.

"Are you bloody crazy?! You were almost hit by a car you idiot! If it wasn't for me you would have been pulverized by that truck!" A thick but warm throaty voice yelled above me.

The voice was so beautiful it had sent chills down my spine. "Hey! You! Are you listening to me? Are you deaf? I just said you were almost hit by a car!" Annoyance seeped through his velvet like voice.

I clicked my tongue and shook my head at the stranger, "Well, actually...I'm blind, you idiot."

———————

I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to give some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated! Chapter one will be up within a week!

Dedicated to the wonderful PaisleyViking because I just love her stories :)