Chapter 2

"I can't believe you Mateo." My mothers shrill voice sounded in front of me.

I sighed and apologized to her, "I'm fine, you didn't need to worry!"

After I was questioned for what seemed like hours by the police and my parents I was finally able go back inside, my thoughts still lingering on the mysterious man that helped me.

Why couldn't he be seen by the police? Why the fuck did he sound so hot?

"Mateo! Listen to me!" My mother snapped a finger in front of my face, breaking me away from my train of thought.

"We're getting you a dog."

Now this had my attention. I looked in the direction of my moms voice and smiled. "A dog?"

"Sí, now he listens." My father mumbled somewhere off to the left of me.

"Are you serious? I'm getting a dog?" I've been asking my parents for a seeing eye dog for as long as I could remember, but they hated dogs so therefore I could never have one.

"It's too dangerous to be going out on your own, you could be seriously hurt and you won't always have us around." My mother sighed, coming over to sit next to me. She pulled me into a hug and ran a hand through my hair, "I worry so much when you leave but my little boy is growing up and I can't always hover." 

I understood their worries, but I could honestly think about the dog. "Let's go!" I shouted, standing up and pulling my mom with me. 

"Go where?" My father asked me as I pulled my mom towards the door, "You guys just said I was getting a dog so we're going to get a dog!" I smiled in his direction, motioning for him to follow. 

My mom pulled me to a stop and sighed, "It's not that easy, we have to get a special dog, they need to be trained, it's a long process." 

I sighed  impatiently, "I don't want to wait, let's go now. I'm sure we could train one that we get from the pound, yeah?" 

My father chuckled, the deep sound only inches away from me. "No, I wish it was that easy." He ruffled my hair and let out a small sound that sounded like a sigh, "But it wouldn't hurt to go and look, ask a few questions?" 

"Yes!" I nearly screamed, throwing my arms around him in a tight hug. "Richard honey we need to talk about this...." My mother whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear. I felt my dad nod above me, "We'll go tomorrow, it's late anyway. Okay Mateo? Go and rest up and I promise we'll go first thing in the morning." 

I knew they were right, it was late and I was tired but I wanted to go now, "But! You sai-" My fathers voice cut through mine, silencing me in an instant. "No. We'll go tomorrow and if you continue to argue then we won't go at all." 

I tried my best to glare at them before navigating my way towards my room, I knew it looked pitiful but I couldn't help that I was blind and me and my parents barely fought so I never really have to throw attitude at them. 

When I got to my room I threw open the door before slamming, once my door shut I felt my eyes watering and it made me even more angry which made me cry even more. I slid to the floor, leaning against my door while I tried to continuously wipe the tears away. Stop being such a fucking baby Mateo, pull it together. 

It took me a good ten minutes before I fully pulled myself together and got off the floor. I sighed, taking a moment to take in my room. It was decorated very vibrantly, colors like yellow and soft blue. I only knew this because I asked my mom to decorate it with bright colors, I could see the colors very faintly, my room looked like the sky to me, except I didn't see the shapes of the clouds or the outline of the sun. It was just faint colors that danced across my vision.