Chapter 9 ~ Birthday, Future Plans & Election

I have began to plan out something that will happen in the next book. An OC called Lucas Tanner (portrayed by Paul Wesley aka Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries) will arrive soon (just for a brief appearance) but he will return in the next book and might come in between Ryley and Ryder.

Also, I've been planning out futures for people who are graduating. Ryder's future was something I asked people for. flowersandlace gave me the idea for either something involving strength and being a hero or football. I've decided what he's going to do so along with other characters futures, they will be revealed in this chapter.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Ryley made her way down the steps of her house early on a Friday morning. She was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and trying to adjust to the morning light that was already trying to shine into the house. She walked through the living room and to the dining room and kitchen to find her dads' and a familiar brunette sitting at the table.

"Rachel!?" Ryley asks, with a smile.

"Happy Birthday, little sis." Rachel says, getting up from her seat and going to hug her sister. They hug and then smile at each other when they part from their hug.

"When did you arrive?" Ryley asks.

"Early this morning. I was going to surprise you." Rachel says with a smile.

"It's a great surprise." Ryley says.

"Here," Rachel says and picks up a small present off the table, passing it to Ryley, "This is your present."

Ryley smiles then opens it up. An copy of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. She smiles at her sister, "I've been wanting to read this for a while. Thank you." Ryley gives her a hug then studies the book.

"We've got some presents for you too. Let me go get them." Leroy says, getting out of his seat and rushing upstairs.

Ryley takes a seat at the table and flicks through her book.

-----------------------------------------------

Ryley arrives at school with a smile on her face. Rachel's with her since she gave her a ride to school.

"Let's get to the choir room." Rachel says.

"They're going to surprise me, aren't that?" Ryley asks.

"Maybe." Rachel says.

Ryley smiles and chuckles a little.

"To the choir room, my sister." Ryley says and links arms with Rachel.

They laugh a little then walk down the hallway, arm in arm. They arrive at the choir room where the lights are off and once they turn the lights on, everyone jumps out of their hiding spots. Ryley acts surprised, already knowing they were going to surprise her.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouts. The New Directions, Finn, Blaine, Sam, Puck and Cooper are all there.

Ryley smiles at all of them, "Thank you."

"There is cake." Ryder announces, grabbing his girlfriend by the hand and dragging her to the piano where a cake sits on.

"What flavour is it?" Ryley asks.

"Red velvet since I know it's your favourite." Ryder says with a smile then pecks her cheek.

"Awesome." Ryley says. Finn lights the candles, the New Directions sing Happy Birthday then she makes wish before blowing out the candles.