Chapter 22 ~ Nationals in the Big Apple

Nationals time!

It's time for the New Directions to rock Nationals and go for the win! I chose a random theme involving New Zealand songs.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

"Nationals in just over a week in New York City and the theme is going to songs that aren't from America or England. So that means there are quite a few countries to choose songs from." Finn says.

Benny raises his hand.

"Yes, Benny?" Finn asks.

"We should do songs from my home land, New Zealand." Benny says.

"New Zealand would be pretty awesome. Like some Lorde." Ryley says.

"Lorde's awesome." Angie says.

"Benny and I could choose some songs." Finn says. Benny goes up to Finn, taking his phone out to Google some New Zealand songs.

---------------------------------------------------

With the songs now chosen, the New Directions were practicing for Nationals in the auditorium. They didn't end up choosing a Lorde song. They went with Marley singing a solo of SFM by Ginny Blackmore then a duet of Galaxy by Stan Walker feat. Jessica Mauboy (Technically, half of them are from New Zealand - Stan Walker's a New Zealander) with Ryley and Ryder singing leads then a group number of Hearts Like Ours by The Naked And Famous.

They were practicing the dancing with vocals in the auditorium. Finn was trying to show them the choreography he imagined for the performance but after a bit of misinterpreted dance moves by the New Directions, Finn handed the choreography lead over to Jake and Kitty, who planned the dancing out perfectly for the performances.

After a tiring rehearsal, the New Directions take seats around the auditorium stage. Finn stands in front of them, smiling proudly.

"We've come so far in a year guys. We went from a group of students plus myself who just wanted their Glee Club back to a Glee Club heading to Nationals. We're going to win this guys and the New Directions legacy shall live on!" Finn says.

"Preach!" Abbi shouts.

The club all agree with Finn's speech.

"Graduation is coming up too." Blake points out.

"And we're going to lose half our club." Ryley says.

"Forget about that for now. For now, let's think positive," Finn says, "We're heading to Nationals in New York City and we're going to beat the competition and become National champions again."

"I'll be there." A voice says from backstage of the auditorium, making some members of the club jump. The person appears from the shadows. Will Schuester.

"You're going to New York to support the club you haven't supported in ages?" Marley asks.

"Yes," Will says, "I want to be your coach again."

"We don't want you to be our coach again. We have Finn and he's doing fine as our coach. Look how far he's led us so far this year." Natalie says.

"William, I think you should leave." Finn says, going serious but wanting to laugh at how he just used Will's full first name.

Will sighs then leaves the auditorium, "Good luck."

Finn claps his hands together, "Let's go over the performance one more time then I'm shouting dinner at Breadstix after you guys have all showered up. But cheap dinner. Nothing too expensive. I only earn a little for working here."