One || "It started with a chair."

autumn

Harry stood on the front lawn, staring at the chair only a few feet away from him as he drank from a plastic milk jug which contained about a gallon of water, thinking back to that night only a few months back when summer had only just begun.

At the time it just felt right, he supposed. Still, he did not regret a single action that took place that night. Maybe he did though, only slightly.

There was a small breeze blowing as he stood there still staring, making his curls become a bit messier than they'd previously been, but they were always messy anyways. He was wearing a pair of jeans that were slightly too big on him, an old tee shirt he'd had in his closet for a few years, and a red zipped up jacket. It was still slightly warm from the summer months, but there was a slight chill in the air now.

Harry was completely zoned out as he stayed staring at the chair, thinking about the words exchanged between him and the other boy and about the events that had unfolded that one night unexpectantly, or maybe they were expected. It wasn't until there was a small dog barking near him that he snapped out of it, his eyes immediately making their way to the small dog who was still barking.

"Geez, Banana. Shut up, will you?" Harry asked, feeling only slightly more annoyed than he previously had. The dog stopped barking and stood at the boy for a few seconds before running off and Harry resumed staring at not only the brown armchair out on the front lawn but at the whole living room set which was spread out around it as he chugged more water from his water jug. It was the most magnificent living room set he'd ever seen.

Harry only stared at the living room set for another few moments before he shook his head slightly at himself and then decided to make his way to where he'd been walking to before he'd stopped to examine the living room set curiously. He continued walking down the sidewalk towards his destination, all the while drinking his water.

It wasn't that long of a walk, it was a rather short one honestly. Harry was very familiar with his hometown having lived there his entire life. He looked over the few stores connected to one another as he continued his walk. A nail salon, a music store, an antique shop, an ice cream shop, noticing the baby boutique near the end of them. He stopped for a moment and looked through the shop's window. It seemed as if they were having a sale on a few of the items, he noted.

Harry didn't stay for very much longer, just took another large gulp of water and turned around the other way, walking away from the small boutique. He looked up at the trees he'd walked under through the park as another gust of wind blew through the leaves, watching the multi-colored leaves fall from the trees slowly.

A few students from the school he went to jogged past them, the track team who always seemed to be practicing or training for some type of competition. Harry wasn't that sure nor did he really care, so he turned his head down at his feet and watched them as he walked along, making sure to step over each crack in the sidewalk as a game for himself as he continued walking along through his small town.

As Harry finally approached his destination, he walked past a guy on a skateboard as he turned the corner and looked up at the store in front of him. It was one he was familiar with and had come to plenty of times before, but here lately he'd been visiting much more often. Much more often.

It was a small store, sort of like a gas station without any gas pumps. But it sold a large array of items like any other store.