one [EDITED]

a/n thanks you so much for the reads, votes, and comments. this is the same story just edited to be more polished. i can't thank you guys enough for your support :)

Her cheap stilettos were noiseless as she walked into the bar. The music playing thrummed through her, while she nervously chipped at her tacky red nail polish. She took a deep breath and tried to relax, as she let her stilettos lead her towards the bar. Sitting down, she crossed her legs and cringed when her heels rubbed together, probably leaving a scruff.

She looked around the noisy bar. People were dancing, laughing and drinking so effortlessly, she was instantly envious. She almost regretted her decision to come her, but she needed this. She needed a few hours to simply forget everything. She began to notice she liked the way her stilettos weighed down her legs. She liked the way she could already feel a slight cramp in her calfs from the shoes, because she liked feeling.

She was sitting alone, a perfect picture of a poor disaster, when a group of rowdy men came into the bar. Deciding to ignore them, she didn't even turned around when they shouted something about a round of beer, preferring instead to drown in her own self pity.

"You look like you need this," the bartender smiled as he set a beer down in front of her.

"Look, that's very kind of you, but I..." she didn't get to finish her explanation before the bartender interrupted her.

"It's not from me. It's from the man sitting down in that group over there," the bartender smiled once more before he walked away. As she looked over at the group she noticed the expensive suits they were all so elegantly wearing, like they had just come from a business meeting, and her dress suddenly felt too tight, too common. Her hair felt too messy with the day old curls, and she cringed when she looked down remembering her chipped nail polish. She wiped her sweaty palms on her dress, forcing herself to calm down.

She looked at the beer, and allowed herself to relax; it wasn't like she had much to lose anyway. She smiled to herself, and stared to drink the gifted beer, finally beginning to enjoy herself. She was so into the song that was playing, she barely noticed when a man came up and sat in the stool besides her.

"Enjoying the beer?" She looked over at the mystery man, and immediately was entranced by his gorgeous blue eyes.

"So much so, I wouldn't mind another one." He laughed at her comment and waved the bartender over, ordering both of them another round. Before she knew it she was finishing her third beer, and laughing with the blue-eyed man who wore an expensive suit in a trashy bar. She didn't argue when he dragged her onto the dance floor, holding her close to him like she might blow away. The music was uncharacteristically loud, and her inhibitions were long gone by the time he put his hands on her hips. For a moment she felt like he cared and for that moment everything seemed alright. 

After a while her drunken state started to realize how high her heels really were, and she struggled to balance. The man noticed, directed them both back to the barstool. As she sat down she noticed his selves were rolled up, and wondered when he did that.

"So, um, thanks for the drinks," she muttered awkwardly. She had finally noticed how good he actually looked, how out of her league he was, and she felt out of place again.

"Maybe you could give me something in return?" he smirked.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" she scoffed.

"I was thinking a name and number?"

"Got a pen?" she smiled while he pulled a pen out of his pocket, allowing her to write on her bar napkin: Angela Monroe 555-0908.

Getting up she smiled at the suited man, "See you  around Blue Eyes."