Kids

"You don't want kids, right?"

The question caught Tim completely off guard. He hadn't expected it at all, but especially not out of the blue on a normal Sunday afternoon, while they were folding laundry.

"Uh, no?" He replied, entirely confused as to what the point of the question was, and why Austin felt the need to ask.

"Okay." The slim man hadn't even looked up from the laundry pile, and Tim was concerned.

"Woah, hey, no. Why'd you ask? Do you want kids?" He put his hand on the pile, so Austin couldn't busy himself with it to avoid talking.

"No, no. I was just... Nothin', it's dumb."

The brunet shook his head a little, bringing his hand up to cup his boyfriend's cheek so he would look at him.

"Tell me."

"Naw."

"C'mon, baby." Tim could see his resolve melt at the fond name.

"I dunno. I was just thinkin'. Like, if you wanted kids, maybe... I dunno. Maybe you'd be better with someone else." Austin immediately turned, trying (and failing) to look occupied with anything he could find that wasn't his partner or emotions.

Tim was frozen for a moment, wondering if maybe he'd misheard, or misunderstood.

"Are you... do you wanna break up?"

Austin immediately turned back to him, shaking his head hastily. "What? God, no. No, I love you. Just... If you did, I'd understand."

Tim couldn't help but let out a short relieved laugh, and Austin cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You idiot. I'm not gonna break up with you, and I don't want kids. Babysitting is more than enough responsibility for us."

Austin broke out in a smile, and Tim pulled him into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Don't say stuff like that again, you just about took 10 years off my life." He murmured, and Austin laughed, holding him close.