Sinbad's S/O (Yein) Dealings

(Hey Guys! Yukino here! and it's really late at night for me, plus I've been feeling anxious lately. So I thought, 'Hey. I like magi and I'm going through something I feel every strongly at the moment. Why not make it into a one-shot! :D' were my exact thoughts. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!)

I awoke with a start and shot up from beneath the covers, drenched in a cold sweat.

Crap!

Even awake, the feeling of hopelessness didn't seem to want to go away. It was like no matter how hard you forget something, no matter how much you try to ignore it, it hangs on and tries eating you alive. Getting you closer and closer to your breaking point.

Panting I held my hands to my head.

Calm down. Calm down. Think of something else. Think of what's around you. Common Yein, focus on your surroundings.

Trying to take steady breaths, I glanced around the dark room.

I skimmed over the dressers and plants that decorated the walls and furniture. I could make out the faint outlines of the two couches and small table in the moonlight that got through the silk curtains that billowed in the sea breeze.

That didn't seem to work. My breathing got heavier and louder, despite my attempts to calm down. My eyes were moving to fast and I kept seeing those horrible thoughts being played out in my mind.

CRAP!

I continued searching around the room, hoping to find something that would calm down these horrifying thoughts. Finally, my eyes landed on the masculine figure next to me in bed. His chest raised and fell in a steady rhythm, signaling that I had yet to wake him up.

Even at the sight of my beloved, and his long, flowing, purple hair, I couldn't calm down.

I grit my teeth and held my head between my hands and knees. Nothings working. Maybe a glass of water. Ja'far always says taking a glass of water calms one down.

As quietly as I could, I got up as fast as I could and slipped on my robe. Still in a cold sweat, I tiptoed to the door and entered the hall way. Closing the door, I made my way to the kitchen on the bottom level of the Purple Leo Tower.

Please don't let me wake anybody up. I don't know what to say if they asked why I was up this late. Thinking about how i would have to explain my anxiety to them, I grew more panicked as my thoughts turned to what awoke me in the first place.

Stop! Stop thinking those things!

Without realizing it, I had sprinted to the kitchen all the way from the top level. The sight of an empty kitchen with no palace servants being awake, was a relief. But I got an even better relief when I spied the water that was to be used for Sinbad's hangover he would wake up with in a few hours or so.

Whipping my head around, I spotted the cabinet that the dishes were stored in and speed walked over to it.

Grabbing a glass, I went over to the pail and got some water out of it. Then forcing my self to calm down, I slowly walked over to a seat at one of the tables and sat down.

Holding the glass like it was a precious treasure that I have always had, I took a drink from the cup. Instantly, the cool water filled my mouth and slid down my throat, giving me a slightly less panicked state of mind.

"*sigh* Well at least it helped a little."

"Yein?"

Startled by the voice, I turned around to see my beloved, Sinbad standing in the doorway with a sleepy yet concerned look on his face. Thankfully he was wearing his robe and hadn't come here nude like he was in bed.