Home Sweet Home

As the ship neared home, Raphael sat in silence with the carrier containing his daughter, Irrilia, on his lap. He stared at her while his conscious was in bit of a whirlwind. He was close to having a panic attack. As soon as he got home, he was going to have to break the news to his brothers and Splinter that he had fathered a child with his girlfriend. Raphael figured that Leo and Splinter would lecture him for hours about how he should have waited to have sex and how he should have known better. Donnie would probably faint or try to figure out if it was even physically possible for a mutant turtle and a Salamandrian alien to conceive a child. And Mikey...well, he would either taunt Raphael or be excited about being an uncle. Maybe both.
At this point Irrilia was curled up and peacefully sound asleep. Raph reached in and gently caressed her the smooth skin of her head. He couldn't help but smile a little. Even though he was a nervous wreck about telling his family and about being a father (especially at a young age), he felt absolutely, head-over-heels in love with this precious creature. He knew she was the best thing to ever happen to him, alongside meeting and falling in love with Mona Lisa. The anxiety that tortured his mind was temporarily replaced with love and pure joy. It wasn't going to be easy, but it was definitely going to be worth it. Raphael was sure of it.
He found it strange how he, the toughest member of his brothers as well as the one with the short-temper, had instantly become so vulnerable and soft towards something so small and--
"Here we are!"
Raph snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of Fugitoid's voice. They had landed somewhere in Central Park. The anxiety began to creep back up in him. Raphael gulped. He picked the carrier up carefully to not wake up his sleeping daughter. "Thanks, Fugitoid. I really appreciate it." he said. Fugitoid nodded at him. "My pleasure, Raphael. Good luck with your family and your new child." he said. Raphael waved to Fugitoid as he took off in his ship. Then, he turned and took a deep breath before he started his trek home.

********

Deep in the sewers underneath New York City, Raphael stealthily snuck into his home. It was late and he knew that one noise would either wake everyone up or wake up Irrilia, who would possibly start crying and that would wake up everyone. Either way, Raphael could not make any noise. He drew closer and closer to his room. Once he reached it, he quietly snuck.
Realizing he made it, Raphael let out a "whew!"
Irrilia whimpered. Raph froze. She stirred in her carrier until her eyes began to twitch. They slowly opened to reveal her brightly colored eyes. She gazed up at her father, making no noise. Raphael was sort of confused as to why she wasn't crying like most babies would. Then again, she wasn't exactly a regular baby, that was for sure.
Nevertheless, Raphael was glad she wasn't crying. He pushed his boom-box on the table next to his bed to make room for Irrilia's carrier. He placed her on the table and sat on his bed. Irrilia sat herself up and put her hands on the rim of the carrier to face her father. Raphael and Irrilia gazed at each other for who knows how long. He reached his hand out to her. Irrilia grabbed a hold of his index finger. She examined it as if it were the most fascinating thing in the world. Raph chuckled. Soon, Irrilia yawned while rubbing at her eyes with her fists. She lied down in her carrier and curled back up into a fetal position. Raphael covered her body with her blanket and tucked her in. He yawned. He was just as tired as her. So he lied down in his bed, covered himself with his tiger-covered blanket, and drifted off to sleep....