Playing it safe.

Chapter 1

Laney Pov

 Life is rough when you don’t have a lot of money. Not saying I’m poor but not saying I am rich ether. I have only a little to get me by. I work at Phil’s automotive. I fix cars not very feminine but I love it.  I saved at least a hundred dollars from my check every week. That is what is getting me and my son by. I have a son and he is my world he is the best baby ever. He is 4 months and just started crawling and sitting up by himself. Tim his dad left when I told him I was pregnant. I remember that day Tim was the love of my life and we talked about having a future together. It was a couple weeks after my 20th birthday when I found out I was pregnant I ran home that day and saw him he had a big smile when I walked in he kissed my cheek and told me he loved me and one day wanted to marry me. I ended up blurting out I was pregnant I can still remember his face from a smile to a big frown. He put me on the sofa next to him and got up and walked out the door. I thought he just needed to think for a little but then a week went by then 3 months and I started to grow and just gave up on Tim complete. I don’t need any other man in my life besides my son. Now I’m working my ass off to try and find a job that pays more so we can survive fully. Don’t get me wrong I love where I work but I need more money.  My family they’re still in the picture it’s just that they live all the way in Oregon where as I live in Pennsylvania I moved here with Tim because he wanted to be closer to his family.  My mom and dad don’t give me money because they say I need to grow up and take care of me and my child which I certainly agree with. They gave me 3 months to find a new job and if I don’t make the dead line and still don’t have cash to pay things then my mom will come and stay with me for a while. She has friends here in Pennsylvania that can get me a job but I don’t want that.  I have exactly one week left. Braydon is with my neighbor Rosa she agreed to watch him for a little she knows what I’m going through and we always help each other out. When she has work in the morning I watch her kids and take them to school so she can work. It’s pretty good deal for us as she works 1st shift during the week while I work second. So I watch the kids that don’t go to school with me at work where John, Rosa eldest son picks them and watches them at the shop for a couple minutes till Rosa comes.

“Alright Rosa I will see you soon. I’m running late today. Bye Baby I love you, Bye Rosa. bye kids.” I told Braydon as I kissed his cheek. Walking out I quickly made my way to Phil’s. It’s about a fifteen minute walk.

 --

“I need your best mechanic.” I heard someone say as I walked into Phil’s. I quickly went to the back to get changed into my navy coveralls and going back to Phil.  Being a mechanic is cool but it’s not what I want to do with my life.

“Hey Phil, Sorry I am late. Braydon had to be fed and a bathe.” I told him as I seen him checking a limo outside his shop.

“It’s fine sweetie. Hey Mr. Rossetti and Mr. Harris sir please come here so we may talk about your car.” Phil said looking at the men in suits looking very classy. While Phil and I have our coveralls on with oil stains all over.

“Yes sir.” The one said with a big smile. He had patches of white hair. With a little bit of wrinkles covering his face.

“This is our best mechanic Laney, Laney this is Mr. Rossetti and Mr. Harris. You will work on their limo if you get it done in an hour tops we will get a remodel on the shop and pay extra by Mr. Rossetti himself. That’s good because I owe you lots of money. So try to get it done within an hour” Phil said with a frown. I gave him a quick hug and started walking to the car.