Sea Legs

I never wanted to be this way. I never wanted to be the awkward bumbling girl that I am; I never wanted any of it. 

I have always been the lovable clumsy oaf that ruins most holidays and events, either by setting the kitchen on fire accidentally on Thanksgiving or falling and breaking my arm on Christmas Eve. Because of this famous streak I have, I tend to keep to myself and focus on my books. I love losing myself through the chapters and immersing myself into the story; Whether it be pirates or princesses, I'm right there. I never wanted to be in a place where I did not belong.

"SPEED UP!" I heard Echoing along the walls of this desolate prison I call 'school.' I had lost myself in my thoughts again. 

"I said move it!" I turned to the aggressive and raspy voice in the background and saw many people lined up behind me in the hallway. I don't mean to do things like this, they just happen. 

As soon as I saw the large number of people waiting for me, my feet shuffled a bit faster as I continued down the hall. Why did I have to be so ME?  If I just acted like everybody else I wouldn't have so many problems... Maybe I could make a friend.  I was hurt as usual,  everyone at the academy treated me like garbage they'd rather have taken away instead of having to look at everyday in the halls. I didn't look back at the girl who yelled, I didn't even cry like I had wanted to.

 I continued down the hall and remained silent, as the shy girl does.  The large number of people had banned together and shoved me out of the way, so I was left late for class and alone in the hall. With my over sized hoodie and my beat up old sneakers I was as invisible as invisible could be.The teacher would probably not even notice I was late if I just didn't say anything. I thought I would be better off if I had just went to the library and skipped class, so that's what I did. I turned in the opposite direction slowly. Continuing to my destination, I had the sudden feeling of being watched when I entered the courtyard... maybe even followed; I stopped for a minute and looked around. Everything had seemed pretty normal. The courtyard was quiet and there was nobody around. It had seemed normal so I put that aside and kept moving. Once I got to the library everything would be fine again. 

I continued towards the library, my heavy blond hair weighing on my shoulders, braided like they always were. I never liked cutting my hair; even though it makes me stand out a bit I really do love it. My long blond hair braided and sometimes in a bun was what made me who I am. It was my signature on everything that I did. I love how it looks and how it makes me feel. My hair is so special to me for some reason. Yes, I know that's weird.

"Andrea!" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I had lost myself in my thoughts again.