Vision Expanded

My feet ran until there was nothing left to run to; I was there, at the library. I burst through the doors and began to wave my arms. I could barely make out any words. All I wanted to do was scream. I was so out of breath from all that running, and that made it that much harder to speak.

"Somebody please help!" I let out a faint wheeze. Everyone came rushing to my aid, there were at least 20 people surrounding me asking the obvious questions. It was pretty clear I was in need of some serious help.

"Are you hurt?" said one voice. 

"What happened?" said another.

"Are you okay Andrea?" said that all too feminine voice from behind me.

I turned around to see Mr. Flax walking in through the doors, and the crowd surrounded him as well. His clothes seemed to be soaking wet, but how? I was just out there and didn't notice any bad weather. I looked outside and I saw the pouring rain, but that wasn't my priority right now. My mind went back to the obvious question. 

"What happened with the shooter?!" I asked panicked and gasping for breath.

"Shooter?" He stared at me with a confused look on his face, composed as if nothing had happened.

"SHOOTER?" The crowd shouted all at once, and the murmurs began. Before panic ensued, Mr. Flax spoke up.

"Andrea hit her head while running to the library. She slipped in the rain." He looked at me for a moment and smiled as he continued.

"This is where the delusion of a shooter must have come from. I assure you there is no person with a gun or that is of any threat to anyone in this school. I was just out there and saw nothing but Andrea falling. I came in to check on her."

The murmurs died down and everyone began to split off into groups as I approached Mr. Flax.

"What about the bullets! I saw them!" I shouted. I was determined to keep pushing on this. I know what I saw, but I couldn't believe what was happening. Is Mr. Flax trying to cover up some dirty business of his or did I actually fall and hit my head?

"Let's take you to the nurse." Mr. Flax said with a smile as he put his arm around me. Holding me to make sure I didn't fall, I suppose. Suddenly my head began to pound, my surroundings seemed to melt away and all I was seeing now was his face. 

His face.